Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Why more lift in the front??

Old 09-04-2009, 12:40 PM   #1
Drive a Tacito, and proud of it!
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Why more lift in the front??

I saw a Tundra today that was lifted really high on what seemed like GIANT wheels and tires. I bet that truck was at least 3ft up off the ground. I would need a step ladder to get into it. But what is strange is that the body sits at about a twenty degree angle, with the front higher, not the back! What is the purpose of raising the front end higher than the back like that, or is it a mistake? Now that part of town also has a big community of low riders and people who do some pretty extreme hydralic mods to their vehicles, so I have seen big trucks with a normal front end and low back, but this really was weird.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #2
College.
PatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPatHLC128 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt/6153 - CH-53E Airframe/Hydraulics Mechanic, HMH-464, MAG 29, 2nd MAW
Name: Pat
PatHLC128's Tacoma Gallery
i think they call that the "Cali Lean"...its retarded looking
Old 09-04-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
What does that mean, and how does it affect off roading? With the size of those tires and the height, am I right to assume its an off road vehicle??
Old 09-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Sometimes Long Travel Trucks will sit like that depending on what kind of setup they have in the rear.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, yeah, it is a cali lean. It was as extremem as the most extreme lean on this page, but it was a tundra, and the wheels were HUGE!
http://www.fullsizechevy.com/forums/...ie-rake-3.html

So is this another hydralic type mod? Is it more for looks than purpose?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #6
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatHLC128 View Post
i think they call that the "Cali Lean"...its retarded looking

x2.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
What does that mean, and how does it affect off roading? With the size of those tires and the height, am I right to assume its an off road vehicle??

Chances are that that particular Tundra will never see a dirt road.
Old 09-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #8
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, it probably cruises down main street on Saturday afternoons with the hydralic freak show cars! LOL!
Old 09-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #9
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah, it probably cruises down main street on Saturday afternoons with the hydralic freak show cars! LOL!
Now that....on a tundra...I wanna see!!!

HOW HIGH CAN THAT BEOTCH JUMP?????
Old 09-04-2009, 05:42 PM   #10
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
SoCal Lean...........Janster, I know have to clean off my monitor. (Thanks, it actually needed it)
Old 09-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #11
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Wish I had had my camera with. It was brown.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #12
fysaechao is on a distinguished road
fysaechao's Tacoma Gallery
haha thats funny cause I always thought it was called the Tennessee Lean, maybe just cause I saw it in TN. I from norcal and never saw it there.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #13
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Here we go.

http://www.break.com/usercontent/200...ps-288604.html
Old 09-05-2009, 06:12 AM   #14
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

That's actually pretty cool! What I mean is..... Imagine playing with remote control cars/trucks fullscale. The building & setup on those things has gotta cost a fortune. If that were me, I'd build a cage around the whole thing and let it roll!!
Old 09-06-2009, 04:23 PM   #15
slick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shedslick_711 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: Security Forces, 2002-2005
slick_711's Tacoma Gallery
It serves a purpose on some trucks, (prerunners, Baja trucks, etc.)... go watch a video of the Camburg Ranger blasting through the desert doing 50+. For something like that it's necessary. There's more potential for travel in the rear with the bed off, but the front end is still heavier, you have to keep the engine off the ground while still having enough travel for bumps and jumps at high speed; and landing after jumps you don't want to nose dive. I don't know a lot about it, but it's common sense in that realm.

However, I'll agree it looks horrible on street trucks and I'm sick of seeing every Ford Ranger in town lifted that way despite it's never going to the desert. The only thing worse is the big full size trucks lifted that way, or lifted 3" with huge tires and they NEVER see dirt. It's a posing waste of money, really irks me. It's become a silly fad among teenage boys with too much money and little weiners.

That Camburg Ranger is sick though... I almost bought an '09 Ranger instead of my Taco just because of that. I figure in a few years when my truck is worn in a bit and I have some money I will make some "prerunner" type upgrades so I can go play more in the desert (and I don't mean Cali lean). I doubt I'd ever really 'build' it though. Too time/$$$ consuming when I have other hobbies as well.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #16
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, we are about as far from the desert as it gets. SE Texas, piney woods, prairy, coastal plains. I think it is definitely more for affect in this case. This tundra was also raised much higher in the front than that truck in the vid. It wouldn't surprise me if it had hydralics as well.

But thanks for the link! That is good to know, and the vid is great! Makes me want to try off roading!
Old 09-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #17
Just playin' on the runways
MT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of lightMT_mudflaps is a glorious beacon of light

Army: SPC(CA), Installation Support Command JFTB Los Alamitos, California State Military Reserve
Name: Clint
MT_mudflaps's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they call that the "Cali Lean"...its retarded looking
Yeah, it's certainly that. I don't see it when I'm back home, but down here everyone and his brother has their truck like that.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #18
ilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shedilovetacos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gavin
ilovetacos's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to ilovetacos
Most of the full size guys around here have airbags on their trucks so they can't get the "Cali Lean" at the flick of a switch. A little Cali Lean looks good but some roll around looking straight up at the sky!

I attended this local truck show a few months ago and these trucks are insane. Probably over 15k invested in the suspension, wheels and tires. And another 1k for exhaust tips