Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Watch Your Taco

Old 01-10-2008, 05:53 AM   #1
Chief Tezz is on a distinguished road
Chief Tezz's Tacoma Gallery
Watch Your Taco

I'm not sure how many of you already know this but...
It has just recently come to my attention that there are folks running around stealing Catalytic Converters! For those who are not aware...the Converters are targeted for their platinum content! The theives can make up to $250 on one "Cat." ( It could cost upwards of $2000 to replace one)

Also, It is my understanding that this crime can take as little as 40 seconds start to finish. Trucks and SUV's make easier targets due to the high ground clearance. SO...You may want to start paying more attention to where you park your truck. If you have to keep it outside you should look into a device called a "Cat Clamp". You can also check with your local welding shop and see about having some steel reinforcements installed.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:13 AM   #2
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chicky Baby
TheMaster's Tacoma Gallery
Thank you Chief Tezz. Good to know stuff like this. I wonder if this is a regional problem or nation wide.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:33 AM   #3
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
That has been happening a lot here in Ohio. These guys are bringing a cordless sawz-all's and they can get through a small parking lot in no time.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
That would be great! Insurance would effectively be paying for my long tube headers and 1 pair of high flow cats.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:03 AM   #5
99TRD is on a distinguished road

Navy:
99TRD's Tacoma Gallery
My experience is that you will pay for it in the long run.....but a great positive thought.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:08 AM   #6
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
You should change your screen name to "Captain Buzzkill"
Old 01-10-2008, 08:37 AM   #7
Born to Ride
TheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheMaster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
That would be great! Insurance would effectively be paying for my long tube headers and 1 pair of high flow cats.
That would NOT be great. Remember your deductible???
Old 01-10-2008, 08:43 AM   #8
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaster View Post
That would NOT be great. Remember your deductible???
Alright, so it really is just a way to bypass my wife's veto power.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #9
Born to Ride

Quote:
Oh, so you are not The President.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #10
Big Guns is on a distinguished road
Big Guns's Tacoma Gallery
I heard about this happening in So CAL on the news. Not sure whereabouts, but im being a little more careful.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:58 AM   #11
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh, so you are not The President.
I'm more along the lines of some secret agency that does whatever they want and hopes they don't get caught.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:21 AM   #12
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
this is the first i've heard about this. thanks for the heads up Chief. how much platinum is in a cat? what would it be worth if taken out?
Old 01-10-2008, 12:20 PM   #13
Born to Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
this is the first i've heard about this. thanks for the heads up Chief. how much platinum is in a cat? what would it be worth if taken out?
That's because you haven't been paying attention, you filthy born in the USA, American. How much platinum is in the pussy I don't know however, if you take it out my guess is the pussy cat will be worth nothing and you'll have to drink all night and for a few more days to get over it. Giddy up, silly boy. And did I tell you the Carolina Alliance totally sucks . Down with the Stupid Alliance.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:25 PM   #14
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's because you haven't been paying attention, you filthy born in the USA, American. How much platinum is in the pussy I don't know however, if you take it out my guess is the pussy cat will be worth nothing and you'll have to drink all night and for a few more days to get over it. Giddy up, silly boy. And did I tell you the Carolina Alliance totally sucks . Down with the Stupid Alliance.
Old 01-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #15
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow, what a stupid rant.... you're starting to sound like danusa....
Old 01-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #16
Born to Ride

Quote:
.... you're starting to sound like danusa....
Really? I consider that a compliment. Woo hoo! You are so sweet but I still hate you.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:31 PM   #17
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Quote:
I'm more along the lines of some secret agency that does whatever they want and hopes they don't get caught.
This sounds familiar. Reminds me of home.
Old 01-10-2008, 06:35 PM   #18
Chief Tezz is on a distinguished road
Chief Tezz's Tacoma Gallery
ndcouch, The Catalytic Converter ("Cat" or "Cat Con") contains a few grams of platinum (which converts Carbon Monoxide into Nitrogen Oxide).
On the stock market Platinum can be found "noble metal", This will give an indication of the worth. These numb nuts can make quite a killing...when you figure the time it takes per vehicle times $250.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:55 AM   #19
Born to Ride

Quote:
.... you're starting to sound like danusa....
In the trailer, a red neck
Preparing a turkey by breaking its neck
Drunk on a beer and scratching himself
Passed out on the Couch, nd himself
Old 01-11-2008, 06:14 AM   #20
Old Goat
Don G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shedDon G is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: 1st MAW  MAG12  VMA-251,  (1953)
Don G's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
In the trailer, a red neck
Preparing a turkey by breaking its neck
Drunk on a beer and scratching himself
Passed out on the Couch, nd himself
Hey Master, what happened to your Avatar?? It isn't spinning like it used too! !!