Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

What was your first "Ding"?

Old 09-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #1
Drive a Tacito, and proud of it!
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
What was your first "Ding"?

I have been posting and reading the thread in 2nd gen tacos about the GF leaving ink on the console of the EX Bfs new truck, so I thought it would be fun to talk about my first scratches on my first new truck 27 years ago, and hear about others.

My first new truck was a 1984 Toyota Regular cab, 4sp manual 2l sunshine yellow. I was so damned proud of it! Right after I bought it, I moved out to the hill country. I moved into a horse barn that was half converted into a four room apartment (one room per stall! lol). My sister lived just across the valley and only had a really old ford truck and a renault, so she immediately had me hauling hay for her horses. Well, her horses were free roamers, and they had access to the whole property. So the first time I hauled hay, I unloaded and parked my pretty little truck under an oak tree with the windows down and went inside. A few minutes later, I see my wicker seat mat flying through the window and ran out just in time to see Rosy, the big Momma sorrel, chomping that seat mat in half! So I screamed at her and the horses backed off a little while I fumed and started rolling up the windows. But before I could finish, the beasties tried to take a bite out of my hood! So I had horse teeth marks scraped into the hood of my truck for the rest of the time I owned it!
Old 09-07-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack

cmack's Tacoma Gallery
The first "Ding" that happened under my ownership was when a punk in a jeep hit my rear bumper. I was completely stopped. Fortunately he wasn't going fast enough to cause a dent or anything. Just some rubbing marks.