Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

New Land Cruiser spotted

Old 09-13-2006, 07:14 PM   #1
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Post New Land Cruiser spotted

One of Autoblog's reader's took these shots of what could be the upcoming new Land Cruiser. He took them in Oman, in the Middle East.
Attached Thumbnails
New Land Cruiser spotted-untitled-1.jpg   New Land Cruiser spotted-untitled-2.jpg  
Old 09-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Looks a little small to be a Land Cruiser that would be sold in the states. I think it is the Land Cruiser/Prado.

I could be wrong though.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:44 AM   #3
Tukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud ofTukohmah has much to be proud of

Tukohmah's Tacoma Gallery
It looks like it's got a fat ass like a Sequoia

Old 12-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #4
archer of loaf will become famous soon enough

archer of loaf's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to archer of loaf Send a message via Yahoo to archer of loaf
i do believe the tacoma 05-on is on the Prado frame.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #5
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
I saw a review on youtube, tremendous off road ability, but I don't have 67,000 gr.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:14 AM   #6
FU_FJ is on a distinguished road

FU_FJ's Tacoma Gallery
Seems too expensive and too upscale for 4x4 use:

Quote:
2008 Toyota Land Cruiser - Previews
Toyota's latest land basher is sophisticated on and off the trail.

By Barry Winfield

Do you remember how it felt the very first time you engaged cruise control? That momentary sense of no longer being in control, that the car had assumed command? That's how Toyota's new crawl mode in the 2008 Land Cruiser feels at first. You select the function, take your foot off the brake, and the car proceeds under its own management.

Of course, in crawl mode (which functions only in low range) the new Cruiser moves forward very slowly there are three speed choices on a rotary switch in the dash, and none of them is faster than a walking pace. The cool trick is that the vehicle will maintain that pace through thick and thin, adding power to get the truck over big moguls and using the traction control and downhill assist to negotiate holes and grades. All you need to do is steer.

See, there is still a job for the driver in this vehicle. The job is mainly to enjoy the huge ability this truck reveals in everything it does. The '08 Land Cruiser somehow manages to combine peerless refinement with effortless highway prowess and extraordinary off-road potential. To help deliver this amazing versatility, it boasts a new engine and transmission.

All U.S. Land Cruisers are powered by a 5.7-liter V-8 (known as the 3UR-FE, and also used in the Tundra full-sized pickup truck) that produces 381 horsepower at 5600 rpm and 401 pound-feet at 3600 rpm on regular gas. This big V-8 available in the U.S. market only pedals through a six-speed automatic that features a low, 3.33:1 first gear and overdriven fifth and sixth gears for optimal economy. (Toyota's preliminary fuel-consumption estimates are 13 mpg in the city and 18 on the highway.)
Old 12-28-2007, 05:13 PM   #7
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

They are competing with the Range Rover, both are very expensive and upscale but both are very good off road. Stock truck to stock truck, the Land Cruiser would probably out perform the Tacoma and the FJ cruiser off road.
Old 12-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #8
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
I saw this at Lighthouse Toyota today. It is very nice but if I'm going full size, I'm getting a Tahoe. I've had a 97 Tahoe and a 2002 Avalanche. I felt like the King of the road.
Old 12-29-2007, 07:17 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by missileman125fw View Post
I saw this at Lighthouse Toyota today. It is very nice but if I'm going full size, I'm getting a Tahoe. I've had a 97 Tahoe and a 2002 Avalanche. I felt like the King of the road.
Hiss ! If you had the means I would at least drive one, maybe your thoughts would change. Certainly a Tahoe is cheaper, but maybe not better.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #10
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You go ahead and buy your Tahoe, causing sales of the land cruiser to decline by one making it possibly cheaper for me!.......Tahoe, what the hell are you thinking?
Old 01-03-2008, 07:12 AM   #11
missileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shedmissileman125fw is one of the sharper tools in the shed
missileman125fw's Tacoma Gallery
Damn, holy shit. Don't bite my head off!
I've always drove Chevys and I always thought I'd be a loyal Chevy owner. But when I saw the 2nd generation Tacoma that started changing my mind. The Tacoma is the best mid-sized truck on the market. It's much better than the Chevrolet Colorado. The Land Cruiser is very nice but I can't afford one. So with that being said, if I buying another full sized SUV I'd buy a Tahoe. It's just my opinion.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:06 PM   #12
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn, holy shit. Don't bite my head off!
I've always drove Chevys and I always thought I'd be a loyal Chevy owner. But when I saw the 2nd generation Tacoma that started changing my mind. The Tacoma is the best mid-sized truck on the market. It's much better than the Chevrolet Colorado. The Land Cruiser is very nice but I can't afford one. So with that being said, if I buying another full sized SUV I'd buy a Tahoe. It's just my opinion.
Relax, I was just giving you a hard time. It's all good!
Old 01-04-2008, 01:00 PM   #13
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
I wish they would give the Taco the same off road capabilities as the land cruiser while keeping the taco's basic ruggedness. It looks like a badass offroad vehicle but i would never pay that much for something then take it in the mud. plus its huge, and doesn't look like it has much ground clearance.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcouch View Post
I wish they would give the Taco the same off road capabilities as the land cruiser while keeping the taco's basic ruggedness. It looks like a badass offroad vehicle but i would never pay that much for something then take it in the mud. plus its huge, and doesn't look like it has much ground clearance.
Yeah that "crawl mode" is something, I would love to try it. But I guess that what keeps the Taco reachable to the common man, although I have not driven one off road but the Taco with the Off Road pkg with the locking rear diff goes like a S.O.B ! I watched a few videos on youtube and it's pretty cool.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:33 PM   #15
Pastry Chef
tacotoe is on a distinguished road
tacotoe's Tacoma Gallery
Too much auto-pilot for my preference..sure it probably works great, but to me and the moderate wheelin I`ve done in AZ..the fun and challenge is driving,learning how to make your truck go where you want...all the inputs required.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:09 AM   #16

Yes I agree, nothing better than grabbing the bull by the horns yourself and getting it done.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:21 PM   #17
Tacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant futureTacozoid has a brilliant future
Name: Terry
Tacozoid's Tacoma Gallery
I liked my 99 better. mine was a great looking rig but 15mpg at best.
Old 06-25-2011, 02:36 PM   #18
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacozoid View Post
I liked my 99 better. mine was a great looking rig but 15mpg at best.
Holy bump of an old thread