1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

If you could do it again....

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by AVTOMAT, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Sep 13, 2009 at 8:35 PM
    AVTOMAT

AVTOMAT [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Behind you
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport DBL Cab Super White
    De-badge.Pro Comp 7089.White front emblem.AFE pro dry air filter.Full Wet Okole covers.The rest in progress pending research
    I got my truck on 7-30-09 after 2 exhausting days of looking at Tacomas and a few other vehicles.I was looking at used Tacomas first and finally called the guy that was nicest on the phone and called me back to check and see where I was the day after first contact.I original contacted him about a red DBL cab CPO 2006 with only 19K on it.It was sold so I went to look at a white 2008 DBL cab with 22k on it.Looked at a Honda Ridgeline too, my other top choice , really though doesn't hold a candle to the Tacoma when you look at the money.At that point I said lets look at new.I had 13 to choose from.The 2 that stood out...Pyrite Micah DBL TRD OR 4x4 and the Super White DBL TRD Sport Prerunner.I drove the Super White and was feeling guilty for betraying my faithful Mazda B4000 4x4 4.0 V6 with 250K that I lived and died with for 12 years...but I was falling in love.

So after 1 1/2 months of wondering if I should have got the Pyrite 4x4 I felt at ease after a discussing with another owner.I was driving into the gunshow and the truck in front was a 2008 black access cab TRD sport...we both went to park.We both backed in , 2 spaces apart , we both put it in park and threw up the sunscreens.....almost in unison we got out....looked at the others ride and said "NICE TRUCK".It really was awesome.So I asked about mileage , he told me it was his 4th Tacoma! Told me about his others and we talked about 4x4 and exhaust as we took the long walk in.It was then I realized for me I made the right choice.So yeah, if I could do it again, it would be the same.

All of that behind me now I do know that IF I win the Powerball.....I am buying a new Tacoma and then pay a few people on here that stand out to mod it.I am talking about enough money to quit jobs to make the ultimate TACOMA.Like cram a V8 in it like the SEMA truck everyone covets
    .I have seen some of the sound system mods guys have done and got that guy picked out.I saw the suspension guy I want too.I also have the guy picked out for the external aesthetics.I will keep buying an occasional Powerball ticket when it goes of 100 MIL and I will keep dreaming about what it would look like/run like if THE BEST of you guys got together to make it ROCK...but for now I am SURE I made the right choice in MY truck.

I would like to say thanx to all of the people I have gleaned information from here , the words , the pics, and the advice here are awesome.

So I guess after that rant , I pose the question...would you change.....if so what would you change?

2. Sep 24, 2009 at 10:15 AM
    RogueLeader

RogueLeader Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma Double Cab SR5 TRD
    Love the Taco. I traded an FJC for it, and as far as choosing, if I were driving it myself, I would get a new FJC because of its off-road capabilities. That's not to say the Taco isn't capable, but the shorter wheelbase allows it to go places the Taco is too long for. Wife wanted the Taco since she may need to drive it occasionally. She's partially blind in her right eye and this makes the FJC too difficult for her to drive safely due to the blind spots. I put blind spot mirrors on the FJC, but because of the partial blindness, the mirrors were useless to her.

Products Discussed in

To Top