1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tundra Rock Warrior (WOW)

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Muy Grande, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Oct 13, 2009 at 4:04 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Just saw this truck last night at the Grapevine Toyota Dealership. I test drove it and I'm hooked. It is one sweet ride. So question to you guys is......if you had the chance to buy would you do it. Of course the downside is you would have to sell your Tacoma (that is the condition my wife has put on me......I pay off my truck next month and I'm tempted.....kinda like when you have a pair of boobies in your face). :eek:

2006 Tacoma DC 4x4 vs 2010 Tundra DC 4x4 :D

2. Oct 13, 2009 at 4:07 PM
    1337Taco

1337Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2015 4X4 Manual
    Stick with the paid off Tacoma imo.

3. Oct 13, 2009 at 4:21 PM
    jfr02

jfr02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2012 dcsb 6spd sport
    thats a badass truck i would do it if i could.it would be hard to get rid of that tacoma that's paid off.and you know a new body tacoma is gonna come out soon the present one is going on six years now.

4. Oct 13, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Some good responses here. I guess once it's paid for, the modding would be limitless. Didn't really think about that one.:cool:

5. Oct 13, 2009 at 10:33 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    I guess I could get the best of both worlds, add some real "Rock Warrior" stuff to my truck like the following:

1. AllPro Front Bumper
    2. Rocktec Rear Bumper
    3. Shockworks sliders
    4. Winch
    5. Mud Terrians
    6. A Rock Warrior Decal from Socksmonkey.

Then I would have one badass truck! :D

I like your style Silverback and you're talking some sense into me.

6. Oct 13, 2009 at 10:35 PM
    SLOCOMA

SLOCOMA Your Toyota Parts Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    kenny
    ARI-ZO-NA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD PRERUNNER
    Oh dude, if your paying your tacoma off next month, I say mod that and call it a day... No more PAYMENTS...!

7. Oct 13, 2009 at 10:36 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    I wouldn't buy it. I like the wheels. But that's it.

8. Oct 13, 2009 at 10:37 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    Yeah, I agree with Silverback07, never been a big fan of the tundras looks. And it looks like the rockwarrior is pretty much sitting on the ground! You'd be allot better off with a paid off truck that narrower and modded and still gets better mpg's than the tundra!

9. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:10 PM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    mod the shit outta the paid off Taco. my .02

10. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:14 PM
    SC4333

SC4333 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Grant
    FL
    Vehicle:
    SOLD - 2016 TRD Off-Road 4x4 DCSB
    All I know is that Tundra is not a rock warrior. Or at least in my eyes it isn't anywhere close to one. Nor is it good looking, IMO. Just my .02

11. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:15 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    you must like having bills...

12. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:20 PM
    SLOH

SLOH Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    07 SR5, dc long bed speedway blue
    2.5 Icon c/o's and 3" AllPro rear suspension kit, 17" XD Series Addict w/ 285/70/R17 BFG KM2's, K&N 63 Series CAI, 13.5'' JL Sub (13TW5v2-2) and 500w Rockford Fosgate amp, limo tint all around, cat back banks exhaust with no muffler or tip, blue dash light mod, "taco" 3rd brake light mod, blue dome-light mod, cb radio and 4' firestik antenna, blacked out hoodscoop(thanks randy), Total Chaos UCA's
    agreed, keep the tacoma, IMO the rock warrior tundra doesnt look that good at all, i think the "baja" lines on the taco are way more appealing than a "shark" lines of the tundras...i don't know why but thats what they remind me of

as for modding it goes, are you looking to off road much? you'll be more than happy with a taco over a tundra for off roading, especially once you slap some nice c/o's or long travel on there, tacos are smaller and fit into more places, more versatile, more space to maneuver on trails compared to a big bulky truck, just my 02

AND if you sell your taco to get the tundra....now youre back to car payments that you just finished...

13. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:20 PM
    cheehab

cheehab I bleed Black and Gold

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Winter Park, CO
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra TRD Pro CrewMax
    I saw one in Denver a few weeks ago and the sticker was $35,600 on it. I was shocked. For $4,000 more than the sticker on a TRD OR Tacoma I would go for the Tundra if I was thinking of buying. I'll never get rid of my Tacoma though. My unborn-unconcieved son will be driving my 05 someday. Maybe then I'll look at the Tundra

14. Oct 13, 2009 at 11:28 PM
    09tacoLI

09tacoLI Well-Known Member

Member:
    long island ny
    Vehicle:
    09 off road
    Shrockworks sliders,Shrockworks Front bumper,Warn 9.5xp winch,Toytec Ult.3in,Total Chaos UCAs,AP expo Rear, Fox remote resi shocks Bud built skids,Piaa 7in,Piaa yellow plasma Off road lights.
    Unique TRD 17-inch alloy wheels with bead-lock styling. There not even real bead- locks I dont like that truck at all before I would buy that I turn to the darkside and buy the raptor from ford

15. Oct 14, 2009 at 12:08 AM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Getting some great comments here. Thanks for all the input. This something I'm really going to think about.

16. Oct 14, 2009 at 12:13 AM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    I agree w/ everyone. You won't have to worry about truck payments. You can MOD your Tacoma!

17. Oct 14, 2009 at 6:35 PM
    Metallikatz3

Metallikatz3 Well-Known Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB OR
    Always in process
    One of my friends brothers just bought a rock warrior and sold his tacoma. At first i thought it was pretty cool.. "Rock Warrior yeah its bad ass" looked it up online.

Lets just say i laughed my ass off. Yeah the colors and wheels are cool, but its a sticker!

18. Oct 14, 2009 at 7:09 PM
    jwhelan

jwhelan Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JW
    Dallas Texas
    Vehicle:
    05 TRD Silver
    TRD PreRunner, 5100's on all four fronts @ 1.75, AAL, SP performance rotors, hawk pads, 17" FJ Cruiser wheels P/C black, 265/65/17 BFGR Rugged Trails, BHLM , painted grill, blacked out emblems
    I agree on the looks, its bit to bulky for my taste. Looks like locamotive!

19. Oct 14, 2009 at 7:17 PM
    Foster9091

Foster9091 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Upperco, MD
    Vehicle:
    01 Doublecab TRD
    deckplate mod, floor mats, hi lift, scanquage, and 2 in front leveling kit
    i dont get something. the tundra has bigger engine and bigger payload and is all around heavier duty then our tacomas except for one thing... the tundras are 5 lug. our tacos with v6s are 6 lug which is a stronger pattern. I personally have sheared lugs off a 5 lug pattern with a v6 on a jeep so y would they put it on a fullsize truck? all other real fullsize trucks run 8 lug and they are trying to compete with 5 lugs. i just dont get it

20. Oct 14, 2009 at 8:29 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD

So do you know what your friends brother thinks about his purchase? Is he happy with the choice or does he regret the new tundra? And true about it's just a sticker, I thought this thing was actually designed with Marlin Crawler's input.......just a pipe dream! :D

Products Discussed in

To Top