Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Tundra Rock Warrior (WOW)

Old 10-13-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
Tundra Rock Warrior (WOW)

Just saw this truck last night at the Grapevine Toyota Dealership. I test drove it and I'm hooked. It is one sweet ride. So question to you guys is......if you had the chance to buy would you do it. Of course the downside is you would have to sell your Tacoma (that is the condition my wife has put on me......I pay off my truck next month and I'm tempted.....kinda like when you have a pair of boobies in your face).

2006 Tacoma DC 4x4 vs 2010 Tundra DC 4x4
Old 10-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #2
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Stick with the paid off Tacoma imo.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
jfr02 will become famous soon enough

Army:
jfr02's Tacoma Gallery
thats a badass truck i would do it if i could.it would be hard to get rid of that tacoma that's paid off.and you know a new body tacoma is gonna come out soon the present one is going on six years now.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:26 PM   #4
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Some good responses here. I guess once it's paid for, the modding would be limitless. Didn't really think about that one.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:33 PM   #5

I guess I could get the best of both worlds, add some real "Rock Warrior" stuff to my truck like the following:

1. AllPro Front Bumper
2. Rocktec Rear Bumper
3. Shockworks sliders
4. Winch
5. Mud Terrians
6. A Rock Warrior Decal from Socksmonkey.

Then I would have one badass truck!

I like your style Silverback and you're talking some sense into me.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #6
SWAPMEET CRAWLER
SLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shedSLOCOMA is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: kenny
SLOCOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Oh dude, if your paying your tacoma off next month, I say mod that and call it a day... No more PAYMENTS...!
Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 PM   #7
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
I wouldn't buy it. I like the wheels. But that's it.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:10 AM   #9
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
mod the shit outta the paid off Taco. my .02
Old 10-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #10
SC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSC4333 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Grant
SC4333's Tacoma Gallery
All I know is that Tundra is not a rock warrior. Or at least in my eyes it isn't anywhere close to one. Nor is it good looking, IMO. Just my .02
Old 10-14-2009, 12:15 AM   #11
rab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrab89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ross
rab89's Tacoma Gallery
you must like having bills...
Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 AM   #12
SLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the roughSLOH is a jewel in the rough

Name: Scott
SLOH's Tacoma Gallery
agreed, keep the tacoma, IMO the rock warrior tundra doesnt look that good at all, i think the "baja" lines on the taco are way more appealing than a "shark" lines of the tundras...i don't know why but thats what they remind me of

as for modding it goes, are you looking to off road much? you'll be more than happy with a taco over a tundra for off roading, especially once you slap some nice c/o's or long travel on there, tacos are smaller and fit into more places, more versatile, more space to maneuver on trails compared to a big bulky truck, just my 02

AND if you sell your taco to get the tundra....now youre back to car payments that you just finished...
Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 AM   #13
I bleed Black and Gold
cheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant futurecheehab has a brilliant future

Name: Adam
cheehab's Tacoma Gallery
I saw one in Denver a few weeks ago and the sticker was $35,600 on it. I was shocked. For $4,000 more than the sticker on a TRD OR Tacoma I would go for the Tundra if I was thinking of buying. I'll never get rid of my Tacoma though. My unborn-unconcieved son will be driving my 05 someday. Maybe then I'll look at the Tundra
Old 10-14-2009, 12:28 AM   #14
09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed09tacoLI is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: security forces
09tacoLI's Tacoma Gallery
Unique TRD 17-inch alloy wheels with bead-lock styling. There not even real bead- locks I dont like that truck at all before I would buy that I turn to the darkside and buy the raptor from ford
Old 10-14-2009, 07:35 PM   #17
Metallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to beholdMetallikatz3 is a splendid one to behold
Metallikatz3's Tacoma Gallery
One of my friends brothers just bought a rock warrior and sold his tacoma. At first i thought it was pretty cool.. "Rock Warrior yeah its bad ass" looked it up online.

Lets just say i laughed my ass off. Yeah the colors and wheels are cool, but its a sticker!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:09 PM   #18
jwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of lightjwhelan is a glorious beacon of light

Name: JW
jwhelan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
I'd keep the Taco. Think about all the mods you can do when its paid for! The Tundra's are nice, I've just never been a huge fan of the looks.
I agree on the looks, its bit to bulky for my taste. Looks like locamotive!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:17 PM   #19
Foster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to allFoster9091 is a name known to all

Foster9091's Tacoma Gallery
i dont get something. the tundra has bigger engine and bigger payload and is all around heavier duty then our tacomas except for one thing... the tundras are 5 lug. our tacos with v6s are 6 lug which is a stronger pattern. I personally have sheared lugs off a 5 lug pattern with a v6 on a jeep so y would they put it on a fullsize truck? all other real fullsize trucks run 8 lug and they are trying to compete with 5 lugs. i just dont get it
Old 10-14-2009, 09:29 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallikatz3 View Post
One of my friends brothers just bought a rock warrior and sold his tacoma. At first i thought it was pretty cool.. "Rock Warrior yeah its bad ass" looked it up online.

Lets just say i laughed my ass off. Yeah the colors and wheels are cool, but its a sticker!

So do you know what your friends brother thinks about his purchase? Is he happy with the choice or does he regret the new tundra? And true about it's just a sticker, I thought this thing was actually designed with Marlin Crawler's input.......just a pipe dream!