Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

5K Service

Old 02-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
Spacedude is on a distinguished road

Spacedude's Tacoma Gallery
5K Service

I have always taken my vehicles in for the first 5K mi service. But I'm tired of paying $90.00 for what amounts to an oil change and tire rotation. I'm wondering how many of you get the first 5K service done? I'm thinking just an oil change is enough.

Thanks!
Old 02-06-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I think 5k is a bit early for a tire rotation. I'll be doing my own oil changes from here on out. It will take me less time to do it than to drop it off.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #3
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I was thinking about getting an oil analysis done on the oil. It costs about $18, but it should be good insurance.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:09 PM   #4
Solo Member
kilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Kilo Battery 3rd Battalion 11th Marines 1st Marine Division
kilo's Tacoma Gallery
I get free oil changes and tire rotaion for mine.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:22 PM   #5
concrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shedconcrete jedi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Shit deflector
concrete jedi's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I lot of that stuff is bogus, 36,000 is a big one.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:12 PM   #7
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
My dealer gave me free oil changes for life as long as I pay for the other recommended service at that interval. So I had to pay for the tire rotation when I walked out of my 5K service yesterday for $30. Not a bad deal. Oh, and my dealer uses a synthetic blend oil.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!
nd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these partsnd is infamous around these parts

Name: Nate
nd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
My dealer gave me free oil changes for life as long as I pay for the other recommended service at that interval. So I had to pay for the tire rotation when I walked out of my 5K service yesterday for $30. Not a bad deal. Oh, and my dealer uses a synthetic blend oil.
I just got my oil changed at the dealer for $16. of course i provided my own synthetic and i turned down the tire rotation since i dont care about these worthless rugged trails
Old 02-09-2008, 06:45 PM   #9
tunerperformance is on a distinguished road

tunerperformance's Tacoma Gallery
just a heads up if you have bridgestone or firestone tires on your trucks you can go t any fiorestone dealer and get your tires rotated for free and they have oil change specials all the time trust me i know i work for them