Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

2008 Taco Looking for First Mod Ideas

Old 10-28-2009, 01:46 PM   #1
Casebone is on a distinguished road
Casebone's Tacoma Gallery
Smile 2008 Taco Looking for First Mod Ideas

So I have had my truck about a year now. Just enough time for the two of us to bond and connect (not to say that there wasn't an immediate connection, just that with a little age it gets better like a wine or cheese --tangent). Anyways I am thinking of what should be the first step in customizing my truck. What were some of your first steps in modifying your truck? How long has it taken you to get it to where you want it? How much "green" did you sink into all of the mods?
Just curious.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
AlphaPlanner
thestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud ofthestrangebrew has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
thestrangebrew's Tacoma Gallery
This thread should help you get started on some cheap, easy mods:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...free-mods.html

I've done a few of these and plan on doing a couple more before sinking some serious cheese on suspension, wheels etc. Have fun and post some pics!

Oh and Welcome to TW!
Old 10-28-2009, 01:55 PM   #4
I am planning on just easing into it. I have the mentality of "don't fix it if it isn't broken," and am a little hesitant seeing that I don't want to end up costing myself more in fixing my mistakes than the initial mod costs. But it is good to know that you have done for relatively cheep, 2k isn't bad! Oh, and thanks for the welcome!!! I am somewhat of a TW addict since I came across the site.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome. A good place to start would be the fog light mod as previously mentioned. It's easy(takes like 5 minutes) and cheap. Then debadging looks nice in my opinion and it's free.

Definatly check out the cheap free mods thread. It's one of the best/most helpful threads on here.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
Sweet....Lovin the feedback so far!
Old 10-28-2009, 05:15 PM   #7
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casebone View Post
I am planning on just easing into it. I have the mentality of "don't fix it if it isn't broken," and am a little hesitant seeing that I don't want to end up costing myself more in fixing my mistakes than the initial mod costs. But it is good to know that you have done for relatively cheep, 2k isn't bad! Oh, and thanks for the welcome!!! I am somewhat of a TW addict since I came across the site.
So what kind of mods are you into?
Old 10-29-2009, 08:39 AM   #8
Well...the first few I would like to do are just simple tweaks, like the fog lights, head lights, and possibly an iPod hook up. From there I would like to add nerf bars, a 2" lift and some tires. I added an add-a-leaf in the back which got me started.