1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My European Toyota Taco Adventure!

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by jeremiekc, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Nov 20, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    jeremiekc

jeremiekc [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    07 Regular Cab Base Model
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    So I was planning on taking pictures of my Taco every where that I took it in Europe and posting them for you all to see. But of course it is not here yet so I found some other "Eye Candy" for all of you. I will have my Taco in another three weeks or so. Of course my first thing is to take it out onto the Autobahn and see just how fast it will go.

Here is the first Hilux that I found, it was in the parking lot right next to the hotel that I am staying at until I move into my house. It was not in the greatest condition but hey it is a Hilux.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Nov 20, 2009 at 3:03 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    Secondary Air Filter removed, Painted Brake Calipers, AFN Drop in air cleaner, OEM Chrome Bumper, OEM Chrome grilll, OEM Cruise Control, OEM Interval Wipers, Hard Wired Garmin Nuvi 670, X-Runner Rims, Devil Horns, 6000w HID's, Bling Light Fogs with Blue Halo, OEM Bilstein Rear Shocks, 12V Plug in Truck Bed pocket. Debagged, 13" Antennax, Color Matched Satoshi Grill, URD Short Shifter, WeatherTech Floor Mats, PainLess Wiring Switched Fuse Box, Black Sand Pearl X-Runner Badges
    Take a look at the way they do trailer hitches here in Europe... Pretty Wild!!

3. Nov 20, 2009 at 3:06 PM
    petersharp

petersharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    Ex DC LB Sport owner.
    When compared to the US tow hitches, European ones suck. Maybe cos people don't tow so much stuff.

4. Nov 20, 2009 at 3:12 PM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    It is really weird here, in the US you see trucks and SUV's every where. There are trucks in every parking lot and you can't go two or three blocks without seeing them. Here in Europe they are very few and far between. If you do see one they normally belong to an American who has brought it over.

5. Nov 20, 2009 at 3:25 PM
    petersharp

petersharp Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
    Louisville, CO
    Vehicle:
    Ex DC LB Sport owner.
    Trucks are getting more popular over there, but with fuel prices being what they are, public transport being abundant, streets being smaller and parking often limitted most people don't want big vehicles.

10mpg SUV + $10/gallon fuel = :(

6. Dec 10, 2009 at 11:38 AM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    Well, GREAT NEWS!! My baby has arrived. I drove past the lot today where all of the vehicles come into and there she sits, just waiting to be picked up. So on Monday I will go and rescue her from the lot and get her on the road. The first thing that I want to do is to get her on the Autobahn and see just how fast a 2.7L will go.

7. Dec 27, 2009 at 9:11 AM
    jeremiekc

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremie
    Vilseck, Germany
    Vehicle:
    Well I got my truck from the shippers and have started to really enjoy driving it over here. You can imagine all of the looks I get with the tinted windows, debagged, and devil horns. The first weekend the temperature got down to 6 degrees and the heat from heater caused the window to crack but I had a great time.

I took it out on the Autobahn for the first time today. Got it up to 117 before the pucker factor got the best of me. I really need to work on the handling and get some stiffer shocks. But it was awesome!!

Products Discussed in

To Top