Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

My European Toyota Taco Adventure!

Old 11-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
My European Toyota Taco Adventure!

So I was planning on taking pictures of my Taco every where that I took it in Europe and posting them for you all to see. But of course it is not here yet so I found some other "Eye Candy" for all of you. I will have my Taco in another three weeks or so. Of course my first thing is to take it out onto the Autobahn and see just how fast it will go.

Here is the first Hilux that I found, it was in the parking lot right next to the hotel that I am staying at until I move into my house. It was not in the greatest condition but hey it is a Hilux.

Old 11-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #3
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiekc View Post
Take a look at the way they do trailer hitches here in Europe... Pretty Wild!!
When compared to the US tow hitches, European ones suck. Maybe cos people don't tow so much stuff.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It is really weird here, in the US you see trucks and SUV's every where. There are trucks in every parking lot and you can't go two or three blocks without seeing them. Here in Europe they are very few and far between. If you do see one they normally belong to an American who has brought it over.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #5
petersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shedpetersharp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Do you need to ask?! It's up there ^
petersharp's Tacoma Gallery
Trucks are getting more popular over there, but with fuel prices being what they are, public transport being abundant, streets being smaller and parking often limitted most people don't want big vehicles.

10mpg SUV + $10/gallon fuel =
Old 12-10-2009, 12:38 PM   #6

Well, GREAT NEWS!! My baby has arrived. I drove past the lot today where all of the vehicles come into and there she sits, just waiting to be picked up. So on Monday I will go and rescue her from the lot and get her on the road. The first thing that I want to do is to get her on the Autobahn and see just how fast a 2.7L will go.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:11 AM   #7

Well I got my truck from the shippers and have started to really enjoy driving it over here. You can imagine all of the looks I get with the tinted windows, debagged, and devil horns. The first weekend the temperature got down to 6 degrees and the heat from heater caused the window to crack but I had a great time.

I took it out on the Autobahn for the first time today. Got it up to 117 before the pucker factor got the best of me. I really need to work on the handling and get some stiffer shocks. But it was awesome!!