Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Got me a winch today need ideas!

Old 11-22-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
1999 Taco TRD xtracab 3.4 V6 4x4
1999tacotrd is on a distinguished road
1999tacotrd's Tacoma Gallery
Got me a winch today need ideas!

Hi i ended up scoreing me a BRAND SPANKING still in the box never opened RAMSEY 8500lb truck winch for 300 bucks. It seemed like a good price i got it off crigslist now i stumped to how im going to get it on the front of my 88 toyota! any one here have any pics of there setup that i could go by. I was thinking maybe some thick sheet metal and weld it on the front of the truck or if i could buy a mounting bracket some where for a decent price. any ideas?

I can get pics of the truck and post them here if needed
Old 11-23-2009, 05:55 AM   #3
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
one word

ARB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-23-2009, 06:17 AM   #4
ElPhantasmo&TheChickenRunBlastarama
rutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud ofrutherk1 has much to be proud of
rutherk1's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to rutherk1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Get a receiver in front and then get a winch tray that can be mounted on a drawbar....Then you can winch from front or back and you can store it out of the weather when you don't need it.
Yup. That is what I would do.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
Carpe Diem
Kuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shedKuneff is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Kuneff's Tacoma Gallery
I got the ARB for my 97 woods beater... but now I am needing the winch...