Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

What did you winch do for you

Old 12-27-2009, 04:56 PM   #1
vinster8 will become famous soon enoughvinster8 will become famous soon enough

vinster8's Tacoma Gallery
What did you winch do for you

my dad and i decided to take down a tree in the front yard, tried using the taco to take the stump and roots out. that didn't work so we had my friends dad take them out with his winch

What did you winch do for you-img_2363.jpg

What did you winch do for you-img_2368.jpg

What did you winch do for you-img_2369.jpg
Old 12-27-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I can't wait to get my A/M front bumper so I can throw a winch on it It might come in handy with me not being full 4 wheel drive...
Old 12-27-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You couldn't get the taco to do that?

What kind of strap were you using?

But I agree, I had a jeep/winch and that thing ruled for yanking stuff out.
I've pulled lots of stuff out with the 96 tacoma prior to owning the jeep.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
You couldn't get the taco to do that?

What kind of strap were you using?

But I agree, I had a jeep/winch and that thing ruled for yanking stuff out.
I've pulled lots of stuff out with the 96 tacoma prior to owning the jeep.
well my dad and i tried pulling those suckers out with the taco, but they were not budging, all we used with the cruiser was its cable and a chain to get those roots out.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
misterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud ofmisterquad has much to be proud of
misterquad's Tacoma Gallery
My winch has pulled out more stumps than stuck vehicles.

Even a Suburban with a strap is not match for a Tacoma with a winch.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #7
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinster8 View Post
well my dad and i tried pulling those suckers out with the taco, but they were not budging, all we used with the cruiser was its cable and a chain to get those roots out.
Chains & cables aren't all that great since you have to start pulling from a stand-still.

We've used 'stretch-n-snatch' recovery straps - which allows you to get a run at it and lets momentum be your friend.
Old 12-28-2009, 01:33 PM   #8
My R6 Eats Me
AlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAlexForbesR6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
AlexForbesR6's Tacoma Gallery
your friend has a SICK FJ...i still can't decide whether to save my money to get one of those or a old land rover for a trail rig..
Old 12-28-2009, 08:52 PM   #9

well with my personal opinion, save the money for the FJ i'm thinking about buy my friends and fixing it up like his dad's (the one in the picture)
Old 12-28-2009, 08:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Chains & cables aren't all that great since you have to start pulling from a stand-still.

We've used 'stretch-n-snatch' recovery straps - which allows you to get a run at it and lets momentum be your friend.
ha didn't even think about using straps
Old 02-15-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
1. that FJ is fantastic!
2. nothing on that cable to drag it down if anything snaps? i have never used a winch to pull out foilage. stepdad had a ramsey on his CJ7. damn, missed opportunity..
3. thanks for the post.