Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Auto or six speed

Old 01-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #1
NK ED is on a distinguished road
NK ED's Tacoma Gallery
Auto or six speed

I am seriously looking to purchase a new tacoma access cab trd off road package. I am interested in input of preferences of Automatic v.s six speed manual. Does the six speed have advantages, besides the fun factor? Any disadvantages besides mpg.
Also I am disappointed in the color selection. Any rumors of new colors for 011?
Old 01-02-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
t-com09 is on a distinguished road

t-com09's Tacoma Gallery
go with the six speed, way more fun. if u drive/shift economically mpg wouldnt be sacrificed
Old 01-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #4
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
6 speed! When I was stock height and tire size I was getting 400 to a tank.
Old 01-02-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
Frankiea87 is on a distinguished road
Frankiea87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoyal View Post
6 speed! When I was stock height and tire size I was getting 400 to a tank.
400 miles 2 a tank? im only getting barely 300.. howd you do that? haha mines a 2010 trd sport 6spd.compeletly stock
Old 01-02-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
NorthernTacoma will become famous soon enough

Name: Brandon
NorthernTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Love my 6-speed. I have a 10 DC OR. I'm just barely getting 300 miles per tank. I wouldn't change it for anything. True, some people are having problems with their clutches but the autos have problems as well. I believe there is a TSB for the autos and possibly a TSB for the manuals in the making over the clutch. The bad thing about the 6-speed is they are hard to find, but well worth it in my opinion.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:09 PM   #7
sweetbaboo is on a distinguished road
sweetbaboo's Tacoma Gallery
I was a bit surprised at how hard it was to get a 6-speed. I bought the last one on the lot even though it wasn't the color I wanted.

Why does the 6 speed get worse gas mileage than the automatic? Isn't it usually the other way around?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #8
Roll Tide
HondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shedHondaGM is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: James
HondaGM's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #9
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbaboo View Post
I was a bit surprised at how hard it was to get a 6-speed. I bought the last one on the lot even though it wasn't the color I wanted.

Why does the 6 speed get worse gas mileage than the automatic? Isn't it usually the other way around?
From what I've read, its just a difference in final gearing.