Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

'07 Toyota Brakes

Old 01-03-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
johnny2154 is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
johnny2154's Tacoma Gallery
'07 Toyota Brakes

'07 Tacoma: Is anyone having squeaking brakes when it snows or rains. Just when I get going in the morning when it's damp, until the brakes warm up?
Old 01-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #2
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
I have darn squeaky breaks (only in the rear) and when its really cold out... Or it was raining over night.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
NAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNAAC3TACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NAAC3TACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2154 View Post
'07 Tacoma: Is anyone having squeaking brakes when it snows or rains. Just when I get going in the morning when it's damp, until the brakes warm up?
I think it's pretty common. I've had the issue with a lot of different vehicles over the years. As long as the squeak goes away after the brakes are warmed up, I wouldn't worry about it. JMO.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny2154 View Post
More often than not, it can be helped by applying a anti-squeal compound to the back of the pad. This isolates the pad from high frequency sound waves.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:42 AM   #5
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Here's a good link for you...
http://www.aa1car.com/library/tr996.htm
Old 01-03-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
johnny2154 is on a distinguished road

Name: Johnny
johnny2154's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks

Thanks guys for the info
Old 01-03-2010, 05:01 PM   #7
Ban Pending

Hope it helps! It should.