Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

no taillights or brakelights

Old 01-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
bigyota91 is on a distinguished road
Name: randy
bigyota91's Tacoma Gallery
no taillights or brakelights

i just got a 91 toyota pickup. everything works fine except for the tail lights and brakelights..blinkers work. fuses are good, any ideas?
Old 01-26-2010, 01:25 PM   #2
Danosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedDanosabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Danosabre's Tacoma Gallery
I hope you checked the bulbs.
Old 01-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #3
ya. i check the plugs with a meter too. no fire though... just blinkers..
Old 01-31-2010, 04:24 AM   #4
gusotto
gusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusotto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: 3rd class Sonar Tech. Surface (STG3)
Name: Gary
gusotto's Tacoma Gallery
Do you have lights on the dash?

While messing with my trailer hook-up, I accidently grounded one lead (saw the spark) but didn't think anything of it.

At night, I noticed no dash lights.
Someone mentioned I had no lights in the rear.

Checked and I had a blown fuse.

Some vehicles (quite a few) have the rear lights powered off the same fuse as the dash lights.

A good safety feature.
No dash lights..... you probably don't have rear lights.

This happened on my '85 Toyota Pick-up.

While doing a truck swap for the local Chevy dealer, I didn't have dash lights on the trade-in. Found that out after the day turned to night.
Same deal.... no lights on the dash or in the rear!
Stupid business (with a name on the truck) was driving around without rear lights.
I had to drive the trade-in 200 miles and no rear lights. Cars were always flashing me but I just tried to get home. At least I was on a 4-lane. Needed a meter to check fuses but didn't have one. Too many fuses in the fuse panel and no owners manual.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
no i dnt have lights on the dash i finally put 2 and 2 together.. so im goin to try that next... got the brake lights working, the brake relay under the dash wasnt gettin power, so i spliced it in and got it some power... but i unplugged the fuse box and when i put every thing back together the blinkers quit working. i think im just gonna splice everything again, to much of a headache, its jus for mud ridin anyways. just dont want to get a ticket on the way to the hole..... thanks for the input though