LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Toyota Halts Sales of 8 Models incl Tundra

Old 01-26-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
el tráfico más lento se queda derecha
SManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shedSManZ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SManZ's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota Halts Sales of 8 Models incl Tundra

Just got an alert from cnn; Toyota has asked dealers to stop sales of 8 models while they figure out this gas pedal issue that is apparently happening w no floormats in place. If u do a goole search for toyota halts sales you'll see some limited stories. More to come in the morning I'm guessing.

Tacomas were not on this list.

Sorry for the short post I'm on my phone.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #2
linkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud oflinkfeeney has much to be proud of

Name: link the stink!
linkfeeney's Tacoma Gallery
Unreal!!! They are fucked!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #3
BLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shedBLKTRD6SP is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Tim
BLKTRD6SP's Tacoma Gallery
Kind of figured it wasn't just a floor mat thing!
Old 01-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #5
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
I have it on good authority that... Toyota will be reprogramming the ECU's with code that if the brake pedal is depressed for more than 3 seconds with the accelerator depressed it will cut fuel to the injectors.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:51 PM   #6
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
I have it on good authority that... Toyota will be reprogramming the ECU's with code that if the brake pedal is depressed for more than 3 seconds with the accelerator depressed it will cut fuel to the injectors.

That would suck for the guys that use poormans locker trick and ride the brake to get the Limited slip to engage
Old 01-26-2010, 05:53 PM   #7
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
That would suck for the guys that use poormans locker trick and ride the brake to get the Limited slip to engage
But... If there is a problem with the TPS and drive by wire system then this could save lives.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:54 PM   #8
higherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shedhigherlux is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
higherlux's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to higherlux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
so that means if i go out and buy a new toyota with this i cant do burnouts?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #9
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Congrats Toyota, you're now late 90s GM with your redundant model lineup, slipping quality, and ever growing list of recalls.

The Domestics shall rise again?
Old 01-26-2010, 06:31 PM   #10
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post
Congrats Toyota, you're now late 90s GM with your redundant model lineup, slipping quality, and ever growing list of recalls.

The Domestics shall rise again?
careful... the kool-aid runs strong in these parts...
Old 01-26-2010, 06:33 PM   #11
Poser Truck
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delmarva View Post
careful... the kool-aid runs strong in these parts...

Hey, I love my Taco and it's been bulletproof so far.

My 2003 Matrix has 168,000+change on it with absolutely no work done other than scheduled maintenance. And I've used it vigorously, if not abused it. Let's just say it's lucky to have ground clearance higher than most cars its size.

Toyota is still superior to the domestics by a long shot, but they need to reverse the slipping trend of the past few years.

When the Matrix finally dies (I'm aiming for 300,000+) I'm headed to Honda for my next DD.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
Black Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlack Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
Black Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I guess people had to die before Toyota would admit they had a problem and recall them, otherwise they would have another TSB on the list. I love Toyota's, but they really mishandled some of these issues in my opinion.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:37 PM   #13
Drive a Tacito, and proud of it!
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
So as far as we know, the Tacomas still only have the alleged floor mat issue? Anybody seen any stats on the accidents per model?

I really picked a great year to get a new truck! Damn! LOL!
Old 01-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #14
Poser Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebud View Post
So as far as we know, the Tacomas still only have the alleged floor mat issue? Anybody seen any stats on the accidents per model?

I really picked a great year to get a new truck! Damn! LOL!

The floor mat issue makes me laugh. If your floor mats are incorrectly installed, there may be a problem.

There may also be a problem if your battery or gas tank is incorrectly installed.

People using shit they buy incorrectly shouldn't spawn a recall. I feel bad for Toyota on that one.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:55 AM   #15
ee-lee is on a distinguished road
Navy: HT1
ee-lee's Tacoma Gallery
As I said in the new guy post that I did awhile back, they don't build them like they used to. From what I have read on the subject Toyota's quality problems started with their previous CEO, some guy named Wantanabe I think. I guess he was all about company growth/expansion and cost cost cutting. Under this guy Toyota became the largest car manufacturer in the world and posted it's first losses in the 70 some odd years that they have been in business. They had a slew of quality and safety issue in Japan a few years ago under this guy, I never heard anything about those but they were the same kind of issues they are having now in the US. Toyota kicked him to the curb about a year or so ago and the Grandson of the company founder took over. Hope they can clear things up I've been a loyal customer since 1971, hate to see Toyota building junk.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:29 AM   #16
Drive a Tacito, and proud of it!
rosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to beholdrosebud is a splendid one to behold
rosebud's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee-lee View Post
As I said in the new guy post that I did awhile back, they don't build them like they used to. From what I have read on the subject Toyota's quality problems started with their previous CEO, some guy named Wantanabe I think. I guess he was all about company growth/expansion and cost cost cutting. Under this guy Toyota became the largest car manufacturer in the world and posted it's first losses in the 70 some odd years that they have been in business. They had a slew of quality and safety issue in Japan a few years ago under this guy, I never heard anything about those but they were the same kind of issues they are having now in the US. Toyota kicked him to the curb about a year or so ago and the Grandson of the company founder took over. Hope they can clear things up I've been a loyal customer since 1971, hate to see Toyota building junk.
Me too. I bought my first truck in 84 and have been driving toy trucks since. I have waited for a Tacoma since they came out, and happen to have picked what seems like the worst year to buy! I hope they resolve all these issues before I buy my dream truck in a few years.