Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

old paint, my late '84 toy

Old 02-27-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
mrmanowar is on a distinguished road
Name: spike
mrmanowar's Tacoma Gallery
old paint, my late '84 toy

rust to rust, ashes to ashes, I have to put old paint down....bought her for $300, 12 years ago, and never took pity on her.... worked her hard and she was always there. Not much up keep, radiator, fuel pump, starter, clutch, exhaust, and lots of rust repair......but when the body flexed and broke the windshield, while parked sideways on a hill made me think that I was on borrowed time.... 92K still young in most toyota circles, but father time is quickly eating her away.....can't coax her another year (or I would), need to replace the windshield, cat, muffler, registration, and try to find good metal to braze to!.....can't spend another cent.....gonna part her out (only got 5k on the new clutch, pressure plate, t/o bearing), 15K since complete brake job, and tune up......oh yeah, gotta replace the starter solenoid too. bought a 2K1 tacoma, swapped the lumber rack (which fit, can't believe that), and now just gotta dig a hole big enough to dispose of the body...... nothing sadder than death by rust.... c-u
Attached Thumbnails
old paint, my late '84 toy-100_1003.jpg   old paint, my late '84 toy-100_1004.jpg   old paint, my late '84 toy-100_1006.jpg   old paint, my late '84 toy-100_1010.jpg   old paint, my late '84 toy-100_1014.jpg  

Old 02-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
I feel your pain! My 88's bed is toast! It's just destroyed with rust! If if weren't for the rust, my truck would be in excellent condition. It makes me sad to think about....
Old 02-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #3
Blackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackshirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mike
Blackshirts's Tacoma Gallery

I miss my 93...

(Shhhh dont tell that to my new Taco)