Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

TRD Cold Air Intake

Old 03-09-2010, 04:18 PM   #1
Cobhc is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
Cobhc's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Cold Air Intake

I'm about to get a TRD Cold Air Intake for my 08 Tacoma PreRunner. I heard they are discontinued. There are some on ebay but I don't think they'll last. Does anybody know if they're gonna make a newer one. Does anybody know where to get replacement filter cartridges or can anyone tell me how often i would need to change the filter.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #3

Cobhc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krytikel View Post
I just sold mine and I was trying to get a part number and couldn't find one.
Just out of curiosity, how come you sold yours? Did you get a better one?
Old 03-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #4
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Discontinued huh? Cool, collector's item now. Need to buy one of those cleaner kits...need to service my filter soon (1 yr).
Old 03-11-2010, 02:47 PM   #6

Cobhc's Tacoma Gallery
What do you mean it was too much? I'm getting both on my truck soon. What was the problem?

Quote:
My little girl didn't like it. She was ok with the exhaust but when I added the intake I guess it was too much so I pulled it out of the truck . It was too bad though because it was almost brand new .
Old 03-11-2010, 02:52 PM   #7
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
They suck
Old 03-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
forgotten1 has a spectacular aura aboutforgotten1 has a spectacular aura aboutforgotten1 has a spectacular aura about
Name: Adam
forgotten1's Tacoma Gallery
Toyota just released a new part number for 2010 models, so that's why they appear to have been discontinued. The intake wasn't discontinued, just the part number that used to apply to the 05-09 models has been discontinued.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #9
ekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of light

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
Any idea if there was an actual change besides the part number? I just ordered one of the old ones under the assumption that it worked fine on the 2010's...
Old 03-11-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My little girl didn't like it. She was ok with the exhaust but when I added the intake I guess it was too much so I pulled it out of the truck . It was too bad though because it was almost brand new .

Find another one.
Old 03-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #12
Rizzz818 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jose
Rizzz818's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Rizzz818
Intake

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...-cai-sale.html
Old 03-17-2010, 06:59 PM   #13
MDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Kohler
MDBigRed's Tacoma Gallery
So i bought a TRD intake for our trucks off ebay for $350 new. On the invoice that was included in the box from the dealer I purchased it from, it said the list price was $475!!! I was surprised to find out that the intake wasn't the cone-type air filter like everyone has Instead it's a normal pleated filter but it's still considered a cold air intake. The manufacture date is 2/11/10 which i found very interesting. Has anyone seen/have this intake???
Old 03-18-2010, 09:06 AM   #14
ekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of lightekard is a glorious beacon of light

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
Sounds like you got the new style, manufactured by AEM.

http://www.aemintakes.com/instructio...35090_inst.pdf

Not a lot of people with them yet, so it's a bit early to know how they compare to the older style.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #15
MDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMDBigRed is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekard View Post
Sounds like you got the new style, manufactured by AEM.

http://www.aemintakes.com/instructio...35090_inst.pdf

Not a lot of people with them yet, so it's a bit early to know how they compare to the older style.
Yep, that's it! You think I should go ahead and install it or get the old style? CARB ratings and it's emissions standards i don't care about at all. Bottom line i want the better of the two units
Old 03-18-2010, 08:10 PM   #16

ekard's Tacoma Gallery
Dunno. Like I said, not a lot of people have them and I haven't seen any qualitative comparisons.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekard View Post
Dunno. Like I said, not a lot of people have them and I haven't seen any qualitative comparisons.
OK so i installed the brand new TRD intake today and i have to say it is BAD ASS!! i couldn't be happier with the re-design and it is super quiet. Compared to my old K&N intake, this one is way quieter and definitely has more power. I went out and punched it a couple times on a straight away near my house and i could definitely notice a difference. the shift points are slightly different and the truck doesn't need to downshift as much = better MPG