Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

6 inch lift for 2WD Tacoma 08 Access Cab

Old 03-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #1
msmith1594 is on a distinguished road
msmith1594's Tacoma Gallery
Question 6 inch lift for 2WD Tacoma 08 Access Cab

Hey Guys,

I have a 2WD 08 Tacoma w/ access cab and was wondering if a 6 " lift is possible?

If so how much will this run me? Thanks!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
BORN AND RAISED MAUI BOY
numbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shednumbah57 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: kahai
numbah57's Tacoma Gallery
Six inches is possible, look at either FABTECH or PROCOMP...as for the price, in not sure but it is gonna have a comma.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:21 PM   #3
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
1600 for the spacer kit and 2300 for the coilover kit

heres the coilover http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=247529389
Old 03-15-2010, 10:57 PM   #4
Who what now?!
Hi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to allHi_FIRE_08 is a name known to all
Hi_FIRE_08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmith1594 View Post
Hey Guys,

I have a 2WD 08 Tacoma w/ access cab and was wondering if a 6 " lift is possible?

If so how much will this run me? Thanks!
Yes, 6" is possible. If you have the money, spindles and a set of coilovers will give you 6+ inches (haha that sounds wrong).. You'll also have to buy some UCA's and figure out how you want to lift the rear.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:03 AM   #5
Redneck from the hills
cbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcbcs1987 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
cbcs1987's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
1600 for the spacer kit and 2300 for the coilover kit

heres the coilover http://www.topguncustomz.com/Store/G...view=247529389
Thats a local shop around here. They are actually a member of this forum I think. Thats who I'm buying mine from and having it installed by. My friend had his Tacoma lifted by them and recommended me to go through them.

I would go with the coilover lift if I were you. Thats what I'm going with. Your already spending the money, why not save a little longer and go all out!
Old 03-16-2010, 01:09 AM   #6
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
For a prerunner, a set of 4" spindles and a set of coilovers set at 2" is a good combo for the front, then an aftermarket leaf pack and extended brake lines for the rear end.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #7
FLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enoughFLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enough
Air Force: SERE
Name: Wes
FLAtacoma05's Tacoma Gallery
how much do you think the spindles COs and the leaf pack n possibly a 1" block to level it out even more would cost? ballpark.....
Old 03-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
For a prerunner, a set of 4" spindles and a set of coilovers set at 2" is a good combo for the front, then an aftermarket leaf pack and extended brake lines for the rear end.
x2 spindles for the win!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLAtacoma05 View Post
how much do you think the spindles COs and the leaf pack n possibly a 1" block to level it out even more would cost? ballpark.....

the spindels are about $1000
coilovers start at $700 and go up $1100, that would get you some Fox or Icon CO's
the leaf pack will be around $600

I would rather save up and go LT. $2600 plus whatever coilovers you go with
Old 03-22-2010, 12:56 PM   #10
FLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enoughFLAtacoma05 will become famous soon enough
i want the spindles, tytec COs with the bilsteins 5100s, and a leaf pack, and maybe a block if i have to go there... plus the body lift is on there to
Old 03-22-2010, 12:59 PM   #11
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i want the spindles, tytec COs with the bilsteins 5100s, and a leaf pack, and maybe a block if i have to go there... plus the body lift is on there to
I make fart noises at body lifts
Old 03-22-2010, 01:03 PM   #12
yeah well i threw away the stock bumper brackets on accident and jsut didnt want to spend the extra money on buying more
Old 03-22-2010, 01:17 PM   #13

Quote:
yeah well i threw away the stock bumper brackets on accident and jsut didnt want to spend the extra money on buying more
atleast you have tube steps that cover up some of your frame hanging out there. That's my biggest pet peeve with them is seeing pretty much the entire frame sticking out from under the truck and you did a good job at concealing it as much as possible.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:53 PM   #14
i think being black you can hardly tell