Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Toyotas end up in the strangest places!

Old 03-19-2010, 08:15 PM   #1
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Weesa
MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Toyotas end up in the strangest places!

I found this article by accident, interesting though. I just wonder why they didn't (assuming) have the 4wd engaged?!?! Could have saved them a lot of trouble.
http://www.cjtf101.com/regional-comm...-401/2180.html
Old 03-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
The TW 1%
ForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedForeRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Coast Guard: Chief Petty Officer, ITC
Name: Drunken Sailor
ForeRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Having driven 4wd's in very precarious situations I can tell you that even with it engaged without chains in snow and ice you can be at the mercy of the weather. I've been in a situation where a Suburban slid 30+ yards down a hill (slight grade) with me on my ass following. If the ice is there and water on top, without chains... You are going where gravity tells you to.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't know there was snow in Afghanistan
Old 03-20-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
AHHhahahahahaa....lmfao....

I didnt know there was snow in Colorado

Sorry couldnt resist
Old 03-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Scary , I've slid backwards on ice as well , hit the brakes and the front end wants to come around , so it can be a bit hairy ,

PS it snows in Canada too ,

OZ
Old 03-20-2010, 09:59 PM   #6
MTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shedMTgirl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Chiken View Post
Having driven 4wd's in very precarious situations I can tell you that even with it engaged without chains in snow and ice you can be at the mercy of the weather. I've been in a situation where a Suburban slid 30+ yards down a hill (slight grade) with me on my ass following. If the ice is there and water on top, without chains... You are going where gravity tells you to.
We in Montana know all about nasty roads and yes, in some situations you are most likely SOL but that is always few and far between.The details were sketchy but I can't imagine that they didnt have the proper equipment - chains - for a trek like that in a remote area. Another detail which seems to be missing from the article was whether or not they were able to drive the truck away. A Toyota could survive that right?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim920 View Post
Please tell me you are joking? Our military guys and gals have been over there for what...8 years now...and you don't know a few facts about the country? Time to catch up on your current events.

And yes it does snow in A-stan. The weather and terrain are very similar to Montana. That is why the military does predeployment training here in the spring. In about another month or so I expect it to seem like Montana is being invaded. There should be a couple of C-130's and some Blackhawks camped out at the airport, dropping guys off at the top of the mountains every night.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #7
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner View Post

Sorry couldnt resist
I'm still laughing....
Old 03-20-2010, 10:07 PM   #8
Oh gravity, thou art a heartless bitch!
AvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedAvsFanTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brandon
AvsFanTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Sorry couldnt resist
It doesn't snow in Colorado
Old 03-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #9

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Sorry couldnt resist
Did I miss something here? Where does Colorado come into this? Somebody help me out.
Old 03-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #11
Man, Myth, Legend
bakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shedbakerla is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Always Out Front
Name: Lyndall
bakerla's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahahah...

Similar to saying " I didnt know it snowed in the Alps" ...Now you tracking what i was doing
Tracking like a VCR
Old 03-21-2010, 08:38 AM   #12
Never seen Forest Gump
tim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtim920 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
tim920's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTgirl View Post

Please tell me you are joking? Our military guys and gals have been over there for what...8 years now...and you don't know a few facts about the country? Time to catch up on your current events.

No, I really didn't know that. Every time I saw some clips on the news it was mostly deserts or something. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:51 PM   #13

MTgirl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahahah...

Similar to saying " I didnt know it snowed in the Alps" ...Now you tracking what i was doing
I'm good. Just thought I missed out on something important.