Notices

Manual 4x4 shifter or push button?

View Poll Results: which do you like?
push button 4x4? 33 22.45%
manual shift T-case? 114 77.55%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #1
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: From the Mojave desert now in Wild and Wonderful West Virginia
desertdude59's Tacoma Gallery
Manual 4x4 shifter or push button?

Manual
Old 03-25-2010, 05:01 PM   #2
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
manual, you dont have a bunch of wires to worry about and you dont have to be completely stopped to shift into 4hi.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:03 PM   #3
Sparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSparky4.0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Sparky4.0's Tacoma Gallery
manual 4 sure.. anything a electrical switch can do. my hand can do manualy better
Old 03-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #4
CRAZY 4WHEELER
desertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesertdude59 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky4.0 View Post
manual 4 sure.. anything a electrical switch can do. my hand can do manualy better
Electrical can always be a problem too.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:10 PM   #5
btkicker will become famous soon enough
btkicker's Tacoma Gallery
Manual. I realize why toyota dosn't use them...idiot drivers.

I guess the new FJ lever is an improvment. :shrug: It's a lever but still just a switch. Okay, a fancy switch. :P
Old 03-25-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky4.0 View Post
manual my hand can do manualy better

the switch is fine for me.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:16 PM   #7
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
manual, you dont have a bunch of wires to worry about and you dont have to be completely stopped to shift into 4hi.
...Since when did you have to do that with the switch?

I would prefer a manual T-case myself...I have no reason more valid than it simply does not feel correct to change drive modes with a button. There's something about slamming a shifter into place to do that that just feels right.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #8
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post

I would prefer a manual T-case myself...I have no reason more valid than it simply does not feel correct to change drive modes with a button. There's something about slamming a shifter into place to do that that just feels right.
Makes me feel like more of a man! lol
Old 03-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #9
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

[quote=jandrews;1582846]...Since when did you have to do that with the switch?

I think i read a few threads on here about the light just blinking and it not engaging the t-case. Im not positive since i have a 98 with a manual case.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #10
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
[quote=98_Mud_bug;1582851]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jandrews View Post

I think i read a few threads on here about the light just blinking and it not engaging the t-case. Im not positive since i have a 98 with a manual case.
I have never had a problem with mine, going into or out of 4WD while moving.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #11
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Not the case in 4hi with the switch on the fly. Now 4lo is a different story. If you switch to 4hi and the light just blinks then there is an issue with the engagement.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:25 PM   #12
98_mud_bug

oh ok.. i was mistaken then. i apologize. i still trust a manual case more though
Old 03-25-2010, 05:29 PM   #13
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
When I go under low hanging power lines my 4WD kicks in!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #14
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have been misquoted above. I protest!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM   #15
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Manual all the way!
Old 03-25-2010, 05:32 PM   #16
CRAZY 4WHEELER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBMurphy View Post
When I go under low hanging power lines my 4WD kicks in!!!
Oops! That doesnt sound too good
Old 03-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #17
Snipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnipe is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Snipe's Tacoma Gallery
Need another poll option before I vote

The switch is a Piece of Shit an the guy that designed it is a Fucktard
Old 03-25-2010, 05:48 PM   #18
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
My old 88 4Runner had locking hubs and a manual 4X4 shifter...I wish they would have stuck with it. My 07 shifts fine with the button, but I just like the manual better with the solid front axle.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post
Need another poll option before I vote

The switch is a Piece of Shit an the guy that designed it is a Fucktard

Does yours not work as advertised?
Old 03-25-2010, 06:07 PM   #20
Lest We Forget
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipe View Post