Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

New ARE Topper!!!

Old 03-28-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
Muy Grande's Tacoma Gallery
New ARE Topper!!!

So I finally did it, I convinced my wife that we needed a topper ($1200 from Suburban Toppers in Denver talk to Chris) for our Bulldog (Teddy). We normally take long trips (10 hrs) from DFW to South Texas and Teddy "FARTS" all the way down. It smells like he took a shit! Anyways let me know what you guys think and by the way, I also have Stevigee's old Sliders.

Oh yeah, that's my old 93 4wd Pickup (College Truck). That thing is a tank! It was leaking radiator fluid for about a year from a busted metal pipe that runs between the heads on the block and it never heated up on me. It would make 600 mile round trips from Austin to Edinburg with no problems.....it now makes the 1000 mile trips from DFW to South Texas and you guessed it "no problems".
Attached Thumbnails
New ARE Topper!!!-1.jpg   New ARE Topper!!!-2.jpg   New ARE Topper!!!-sliders.jpg   New ARE Topper!!!-93-truck.jpg   New ARE Topper!!!-teddy2.jpg  

New ARE Topper!!!-teddy.jpg  
Old 03-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #2
montgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmontgomery_30824 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: CH53E Avionics Tech
Name: Lee
montgomery_30824's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to montgomery_30824
Cool

Looks good. If I had a trailer for my bike I would like to get one. But can't fit it in there so I will have to wait.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:31 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
that dog is awesome. stop blaming the dog for your farts.lol cap looks good
Old 03-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
Muy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shedMuy Grande is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
that dog is awesome. stop blaming the dog for your farts.lol cap looks good
Yeah, I usually look at my wife and say "What was that for!" Let's just say when she has had enough we both find ourselves outside!
Old 04-03-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
goingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud of

Name: Brett
goingcamping's Tacoma Gallery
Now the wife can ride in the back and you and Teddy can smell up the place!!! Looks good! I convinced the wife that we needed the topper after we drove about 30miles out of town on a camping trip only to get a phone call about our dog "Chloe"! Apparently she had jumped out at a stop and was playing with the caller's dogs! Needless to say, no more jumping out...the gas; however, is almost always me!

CHLOE

Topper and Truck

Topper and Truck 2
Old 04-04-2010, 05:10 AM   #6
Gauntlet will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
Gauntlet's Tacoma Gallery
Brett, What brand and model is that cap you have. I like how the windows appear larger on the sides. Is it an A.R.E. ?
Old 04-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #7
goingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud ofgoingcamping has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
Brett, What brand and model is that cap you have. I like how the windows appear larger on the sides. Is it an A.R.E. ?
Yes, it the cheapest A.R.E. they make...the only upgrade I got (for free, I might add) is the tilt out front window, which makes it easier to clean the rear window of the truck. The racks (yakima) I added myself as they dealer charges $200.00 to add $50.00 rails. I'm cheap, if nothing else.

Paid $990 with tax and and installation!
Old 04-04-2010, 07:27 AM   #8
Cracker in a Taco
KnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really niceKnurledNut is just really nice
Marines: 1st MarDiv
KnurledNut's Tacoma Gallery
Nice looking cap. I've been looking at the ARE's as well.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #9
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
The topper looks great and Teddy is awesome. Our Bulldog mix, Piggy has the same problem, walks into t room, lets one go and usually clears all of us out.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:33 PM   #10
Thinks he's Steve McQueen
squad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsquad314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Marc
squad314's Tacoma Gallery
Truck looks great! MMMMM, Bulldog farts.
Old 04-04-2010, 02:58 PM   #11
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
ARE topper

Great looking cap bro! I like my ARE as well. I did debadge it. Bought my last month and they did a great job matching the paint. Best of luck with it.

Old 04-05-2010, 11:43 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingcamping View Post
Now the wife can ride in the back and you and Teddy can smell up the place!!! Looks good! I convinced the wife that we needed the topper after we drove about 30miles out of town on a camping trip only to get a phone call about our dog "Chloe"! Apparently she had jumped out at a stop and was playing with the caller's dogs! Needless to say, no more jumping out...the gas; however, is almost always me!

CHLOE

Topper and Truck

Topper and Truck 2
Wow, so the dog flew out of the bed of the truck. Well thats what I was afraid of with Teddy. He flew out of the Shopping Cart at Petsmart the other day and well let's just say the floor won that battle.

I really like your topper. I was hoping my windows were that big, I have some small windows on mine but I could have sworn when I looked at the booklet, it had larger windows. What series did you get and what windows did you go with. I got the CX Series.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:45 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingcamping View Post
Yes, it the cheapest A.R.E. they make...the only upgrade I got (for free, I might add) is the tilt out front window, which makes it easier to clean the rear window of the truck. The racks (yakima) I added myself as they dealer charges $200.00 to add $50.00 rails. I'm cheap, if nothing else.

Paid $990 with tax and and installation!

Where did you get those rails, I want something like that on mine. Was it hard to install yourself.

$990 is a steal, I paid $1200.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
The topper looks great and Teddy is awesome. Our Bulldog mix, Piggy has the same problem, walks into t room, lets one go and usually clears all of us out.

Yeah man, this guy just stinks it up. He is a farting machine.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4x4NC View Post
Great looking cap bro! I like my ARE as well. I did debadge it. Bought my last month and they did a great job matching the paint. Best of luck with it.

Truck looks good, what kinda of topper is that.......ARE CX Series?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:36 AM   #16
Taco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco4x4NC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Helo nighttime recon extended perimeter security
Name: David
Taco4x4NC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Grande View Post
Truck looks good, what kinda of topper is that.......ARE CX Series?
No its the ARE "Z" series. Trust me, they "ARE" proud of them.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:49 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muy Grande View Post
Where did you get those rails, I want something like that on mine. Was it hard to install yourself.

$990 is a steal, I paid $1200.
I can't remember what series it was, cheapest A.R.E. all I know. It doesn't have the extended lower lips (not meat curtains) that cover the black top rail.

The racks you can buy online here: http://www.yakima.com/racks/rack-sys...27/tracks.aspx

The rest you can get on the website to. I believe i had the rest from my Jeep hardtop (not the rails they went with the Jeep) but the risers and cross bars all all associated stuff. Very easy to install, tape measure, drill, 1/4" drill bit, silicone, and a buddy for holding the plastic nuts when you tighten. You know the saying...measure 3 times cut once (err, drill) I cut my rails with caps to fit (I cut them equally off each end as to make them symmetrical). I used my combination Miter Box saw, regular blade...they're aluminum.

Now that I'm thinking of it I ordered my rails off of www.backcountry.com my cousin was a rep for them and he set up a killer discount for Firefighters...it has since expired and he has moved on...

Good Luck!
Old 04-12-2010, 01:22 PM   #18
Gauntlet will become famous soon enough

Name: Mike
Gauntlet's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco4x4NC View Post

That is a really nice paint match and it looks great on your truck. How did you level out the truck, it looks sharp that way.