1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New ARE Topper!!!

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Muy Grande, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    Muy Grande

Muy Grande [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    So I finally did it, I convinced my wife that we needed a topper ($1200 from Suburban Toppers in Denver talk to Chris) for our Bulldog (Teddy). We normally take long trips (10 hrs) from DFW to South Texas and Teddy "FARTS" all the way down. It smells like he took a shit! Anyways let me know what you guys think and by the way, I also have Stevigee's old Sliders. :D

Oh yeah, that's my old 93 4wd Pickup (College Truck). That thing is a tank! It was leaking radiator fluid for about a year from a busted metal pipe that runs between the heads on the block and it never heated up on me. It would make 600 mile round trips from Austin to Edinburg with no problems.....it now makes the 1000 mile trips from DFW to South Texas and you guessed it "no problems".

ARE 1.jpg
    ARE 2.jpg
    Sliders.jpg
    93 Truck.jpg
    Teddy2.jpg
    Teddy.jpg

2. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:29 PM
    montgomery_30824

montgomery_30824 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Guyton, Ga
    Vehicle:
    '06 prerunner 4dr
    K & N airfilter, custom built 10" sub boxes, pioneer head, mag-lite mod, Blue LED dash lights, custom painted engine cover, mud flap removal mod, alarm/remote start installed,
    Looks good. If I had a trailer for my bike I would like to get one. But can't fit it in there so I will have to wait.

3. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:31 PM
    paintdiddy

paintdiddy Machine gun shits

Member:
    First Name:
    shithead
    nj and not from "the jersey shore"
    Vehicle:
    silver bullet
    that dog is awesome. stop blaming the dog for your farts.lol cap looks good

4. Mar 28, 2010 at 12:44 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Suspension: DHoes up front, Dakar and OME out back. Audio: Alpine w205 w/ pair of Alpine Amps, Image Dynamic 6.5 Component Speakers up front and Image Dynamic Subs in the Back. Armor: ARB Bull Bar, Rocktek rear bumper and custom rock sliders. Other: Rigid Industries LED Light Bar, Platinum DieHard Battery, BlueSea Fuse Block, rear lights, bed lights, leds inside.
    Yeah, I usually look at my wife and say "What was that for!" Let's just say when she has had enough we both find ourselves outside! :D

5. Apr 3, 2010 at 9:53 PM
    goingcamping

goingcamping Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma
    Custom body work...boat trailer came of hitch, hit tailgate and Rammed stick thru lower valance while towing boat....hmmm, Maybe I should get a new boat?!?
    Now the wife can ride in the back and you and Teddy can smell up the place!!! Looks good! I convinced the wife that we needed the topper after we drove about 30miles out of town on a camping trip only to get a phone call about our dog "Chloe"! Apparently she had jumped out at a stop and was playing with the caller's dogs! Needless to say, no more jumping out...the gas; however, is almost always me!

CHLOE
    ChloeSticker_6f1d7ea9f4966091e0d18d8faedaf9993fed7936.jpg
    Topper and Truck
    TruckTopper-3_46c38a90a625380afe833904b31a68b594ae06fb.jpg

Topper and Truck 2
    TruckTopper2-1_3476eb5661a18d459b69dceabb567f2bbb8ebb29.jpg

6. Apr 4, 2010 at 4:10 AM
    Gauntlet

Gauntlet Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oswego, N.Y.
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road Access Cab
    Brett, What brand and model is that cap you have. I like how the windows appear larger on the sides. Is it an A.R.E. ?

7. Apr 4, 2010 at 6:22 AM
    goingcamping

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma
    Custom body work...boat trailer came of hitch, hit tailgate and Rammed stick thru lower valance while towing boat....hmmm, Maybe I should get a new boat?!?
    Yes, it the cheapest A.R.E. they make...the only upgrade I got (for free, I might add) is the tilt out front window, which makes it easier to clean the rear window of the truck. The racks (yakima) I added myself as they dealer charges $200.00 to add $50.00 rails. I'm cheap, if nothing else.

Paid $990 with tax and and installation!

8. Apr 4, 2010 at 6:27 AM
    KnurledNut

KnurledNut Cracker in a Taco

Member:
    Sonova Beach
    Vehicle:
    '10 PreRunner SR5
    Nice looking cap. I've been looking at the ARE's as well.

9. Apr 4, 2010 at 6:30 AM
    JDMcQ

JDMcQ Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    The Mushroom Capital of the World
    The topper looks great and Teddy is awesome. Our Bulldog mix, Piggy has the same problem, walks into t room, lets one go and usually clears all of us out.

10. Apr 4, 2010 at 11:33 AM
    squad314

squad314 Thinks he's Steve McQueen

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Into the mystic....(foggy Saint John, NB)
    Vehicle:
    2018 TrD Sport Upgrade
    "Hello Kitty" steering wheel cover.
    Truck looks great! MMMMM, Bulldog farts.:D

11. Apr 4, 2010 at 1:58 PM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    Great looking cap bro! I like my ARE as well. I did debadge it. Bought my last month and they did a great job matching the paint. Best of luck with it.

[​IMG]

12. Apr 5, 2010 at 10:43 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD
    Wow, so the dog flew out of the bed of the truck. Well thats what I was afraid of with Teddy. He flew out of the Shopping Cart at Petsmart the other day and well let's just say the floor won that battle.

I really like your topper. I was hoping my windows were that big, I have some small windows on mine but I could have sworn when I looked at the booklet, it had larger windows. What series did you get and what windows did you go with. I got the CX Series. :D

13. Apr 5, 2010 at 10:45 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD

Where did you get those rails, I want something like that on mine. Was it hard to install yourself.

$990 is a steal, I paid $1200.

14. Apr 5, 2010 at 10:46 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD

Yeah man, this guy just stinks it up. He is a farting machine. :D

15. Apr 5, 2010 at 10:47 PM
    Muy Grande

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Dallas, TX; RGV, TX
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD

Truck looks good, what kinda of topper is that.......ARE CX Series?

16. Apr 6, 2010 at 1:36 AM
    Taco4x4NC

Taco4x4NC Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Western North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DC/LB "Pytrite Mica/Katzkin leather
    3m clear bra or Venture, stant locking gas cap, Shield, front windows tinted, weathertechs, ARE "Z" topper. Sockmonkey decal, Billy 5100's x 4 corners, Eibach coils, Toytec 1.5 AAL. Michelin 265/75/16 MS2's, Grillcraft MX series/TOYOTA badging. FJ/SE TRD Anthracite gray wheels. Katzkin leather/heated seats.
    No its the ARE "Z" series. Trust me, they "ARE" proud of them.

17. Apr 7, 2010 at 6:49 AM
    goingcamping

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma
    I can't remember what series it was, cheapest A.R.E. all I know. It doesn't have the extended lower lips (not meat curtains) that cover the black top rail.

The racks you can buy online here: http://www.yakima.com/racks/rack-systems/product/8001127/tracks.aspx

The rest you can get on the website to. I believe i had the rest from my Jeep hardtop (not the rails they went with the Jeep) but the risers and cross bars all all associated stuff. Very easy to install, tape measure, drill, 1/4" drill bit, silicone, and a buddy for holding the plastic nuts when you tighten. You know the saying...measure 3 times cut once (err, drill) I cut my rails with caps to fit (I cut them equally off each end as to make them symmetrical). I used my combination Miter Box saw, regular blade...they're aluminum.

Now that I'm thinking of it I ordered my rails off of my cousin was a rep for them and he set up a killer discount for Firefighters...it has since expired and he has moved on...

Good Luck!

18. Apr 12, 2010 at 12:22 PM
    Gauntlet

Gauntlet Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Oswego, N.Y.
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD Off Road Access Cab
    That is a really nice paint match and it looks great on your truck. How did you level out the truck, it looks sharp that way.

Products Discussed in

To Top