1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Bed Cover Advice???

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by tonyme, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Apr 6, 2010 at 2:43 PM
    tonyme

tonyme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Texas
    I'm interested in either a roll-up or flip bedcover that is lockable and still allows use of the tie downs, rails & bed extender. Does such a product exist? Thanks!

:confused:

2. Apr 6, 2010 at 2:48 PM
    doug355r

doug355r Well-Known Member

Member:
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma TRD Sport
    2.5" Lift with King shocks and TC UC, 4.88 gears, ARB compressor, ARB lockers, S POD, cheap lights
  3. Apr 6, 2010 at 3:00 PM
    schiz94

schiz94 Thread Jacker

Member:
    First Name:
    Caleb
    Bellingham,WA
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Reg Cab
    Morimoto Projector Retrofit, alpine cda-105,Wheelskins leather wheel cover, wet okoles,5% tint on back and 24% on front two windows,Debadged tailgate,custom sockmonkey centercap decals, xr rims pced gloss black.
    from my research im going to get the Access Literider from truckalterations.com it is roll up and the end latches and has a lock. paired with a pop n lock it fully locks the bed. here is the website to get a special TW price on it- http://www.truckalterations.com/html/tacomaworld.html

4. Apr 8, 2010 at 4:10 PM
    tonyme

tonyme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Texas
    That Access cover looks nice! Let us know how it works out for you schiz. If I'm not mistaken that is a soft cover, does anyone make a hard flip/roll-up cover that can't be sliced open and still offers use of the rail system & ties.

5. Apr 8, 2010 at 4:30 PM
    NAYo2002

NAYo2002 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Great Falls, MT
    Vehicle:
    '09 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    Michelin LTX A/T2, TRD Skid Plate, WeatherTech DigiFit Liners, OEM Bed Extender, OEM Bed mat, Advantage TorzaTop Trifold Tonneau, Pop & Lock PL5300
    Advantage Accessories make the Hard Hat... it's similar to their TorzaTop and Extang Trifecta. The different is, there's a hard layer under the vinyl soft layer. Both Torza Top and HardHat latch right onto our factory bed rail system... i.e. no drilling/cutting required

http://advantagetruckaccessories.com/hardhat.php

Extang also makes a fully hard trifold.

6. Apr 8, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    Wayner275

Wayner275 Member Me

Member:
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Step bars, Weathertech mats, Sirius sat., Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite, Pop-n-Lock (ditched the PopnLock and went with the Dyno Lock, RedLine hood struts, Cloud-rider Grill insert,
    I have the fold-a-cover G4 Elite. Can still use my tie downs. You can access it from both ends and each end is lockable.

7. Apr 8, 2010 at 9:33 PM
    tonyme

tonyme [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Texas
    Wayner, do you know if the G4 will work with a bed extender?

8. Apr 8, 2010 at 9:56 PM
    NAYo2002

Member:
    Great Falls, MT
    Vehicle:
    Michelin LTX A/T2, TRD Skid Plate, WeatherTech DigiFit Liners, OEM Bed Extender, OEM Bed mat, Advantage TorzaTop Trifold Tonneau, Pop & Lock PL5300
    Can't be sure on this but judging by the fact that you need to install a rail that holds the G4 cover, it prob won't work with a bed extender. You'll still need pop n' lock with G4 also since the locks won't do you much good if your tailgate could still be put down.

9. Apr 8, 2010 at 10:29 PM
    Wayner275

Wayner275 Member Me

Member:
    Regina, Saskatchewan
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma
    Step bars, Weathertech mats, Sirius sat., Fold-a-Cover G4 Elite, Pop-n-Lock (ditched the PopnLock and went with the Dyno Lock, RedLine hood struts, Cloud-rider Grill insert,
    I don't know if it would work with a bed extender (I can't see why not as long as the bed extender is not higher than the tie down cleats when it is folded in the box). As far as the tailgate lock goes, the cover of the G4 has a tab that slides into a piece you attach to the tailgate. So if you lock the cover, the tailgate cannot be opened ( mind you if someone pulled hard enough they could rip the assembly apart). I put an electric Dynolock on my endgate for added security cause my golf clubs ride back there. I had a popnlock and it was nothing but trouble so I returned it to the supplier.

Just be aware that this folding cover occupies about a foot of "open" bed space when it is folded up (others take up less space). I think the best feature of this cover is the fact it can be opened from both ends. I use a cargo divider bar and keep my toolboxes and a bin for small items in the front and leave the rear open for other cargo.

10. Apr 9, 2010 at 6:22 AM
    NAYo2002

Member:
    Great Falls, MT
    Vehicle:
    Well bed extender needs enough width of the bed to be clear in order to fold in/out as it swings over the bed.

11. Apr 9, 2010 at 6:29 AM
    sge1414

sge1414 Member

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 6-Speed Manual
    Front Skid Plate, All Weather Mats, Tonneau Access Cover, Rocky Mounts Bike Rack
  12. Apr 13, 2010 at 6:21 PM
    NAYo2002

Member:
    Great Falls, MT
    Vehicle:
  13. Apr 16, 2010 at 2:12 PM
    beeryeone

beeryeone New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    black
    those roll bak cover things are kinda cool/ kinda ugly, Im in the market for a cover also, I would like to know if those BAK covers are noisy at all...that are aluminum ,

Products Discussed in

To Top