Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Old school Toyota's Who's got em.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #861
valon5150 will become famous soon enough

Name: Steven
valon5150's Tacoma Gallery
couple pics from the weekend. got to really test out my 4.7 case and lockers and had a blast!

Old 05-01-2013, 05:11 PM   #862
Crosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shedCrosis is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FMF Corpsman
Crosis's Tacoma Gallery
lucky
Old 05-04-2013, 05:32 AM   #863
The Messiah
90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed90YotaPU is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
90YotaPU's Tacoma Gallery
So, I usually hate when people ask this question, but can someone advise what size tire I can fit on with a 2" lift? There's a fellow NJ member that is selling BFG A/T's that are 265/75r16's. I realize I would need to upgrade the rims which, I'm looking at doing anyway. Will these fit without cutting and minor rubbing? Or, should I just stick with the 31's that are on there and leave the lift off?
Old 05-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #864
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
I'd imagine they'd be okay with a 2". That's about a 33, and I ran 31's on my '94 5-lug with Fabtech AAL and just enough crank to level it.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #865
ethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of lightethanfoy is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 314MXG
Name: ethan
ethanfoy's Tacoma Gallery
Ill get a picture of mine i got today 85 single cab 4x4. So far I have around 350 in it need a head gasket but i have all the stuff for it.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:42 PM   #866
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
My Sig pic is my 87 Toyota pick-up. Fully built and fabbed at my shop.
Full race 1450 truck
Old 05-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #867
When you blow off steam you get an eyepatch
YFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ450MOE is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Machinery Technician
Name: Moe
YFZ450MOE's Tacoma Gallery
Building up my 94 ext cab.
Bobbed bed 11"
ARB front
E locker rear
SAS

Lots more to come and pics to follow
Old 05-19-2013, 07:29 PM   #868
WheelTired is on a distinguished road

WheelTired's Tacoma Gallery
Checking in....Absolutely awesome rigs within this thread.

Grabbed a truck out of storage to sell......what might you think it would be worth in today's market ? guess I could list it on ebay to get a realistic idea, what a pain.

1985 Toyota Pickup SR5 EFI w/55,000 miles. Mint original condition w/Zero rust or surface rust, no dash cracks, no seat defects. Runs perfect/needs nothing. What a cool truck, it has been on blocks for 12 years with all the necessary high maintenance climate controlled service complete.

Old 05-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #869
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrd99 View Post
So, I usually hate when people ask this question, but can someone advise what size tire I can fit on with a 2" lift? There's a fellow NJ member that is selling BFG A/T's that are 265/75r16's. I realize I would need to upgrade the rims which, I'm looking at doing anyway. Will these fit without cutting and minor rubbing? Or, should I just stick with the 31's that are on there and leave the lift off?
I have zero lift and run 265/75-16s. You can run much larger tires on these old school Pickups than the newer Tacos with less or no lift. With just mud flap removal and leveling out the front (and pounding back the pinch weld) there's no reason you shouldn't be able to clear 33x10.5s with stock backspacing on a pretty close to stock height Pickup.

My tires are 31.7" tall and dont rub and I haven't even pounded the pinch weld or lifted it.
Old 05-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #870
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelTired View Post

Grabbed a truck out of storage to sell......what might you think it would be worth in today's market ? guess I could list it on ebay to get a realistic idea, what a pain.

1985 Toyota Pickup SR5 EFI w/55,000 miles. Mint original condition w/Zero rust or surface rust, no dash cracks, no seat defects. Runs perfect/needs nothing. What a cool truck, it has been on blocks for 12 years with all the necessary high maintenance climate controlled service complete.

not sure what its worth but that truck is beautiful
Old 05-19-2013, 08:30 PM   #871
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

That thing is worth more than you may realize. If you're willing to wait for "that" buyer it will bring you a pretty penny. That year is very sought after and in such mint condition with such low miles you could have quite a few people bidding over it. You may want to take a closer look at your trailer hitch before claiming zero rust though
Old 05-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #872
WheelTired is on a distinguished road

WheelTired's Tacoma Gallery
I will get up under the truck and take a look at the trailer hitch that is bolted to the bumper, looks like it has a little patina for sure, might just take a little bit of neutralizer to make right. forums typically bring out negative comments. that might reduce the price to $XXX..:-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
That thing is worth more than you may realize. If you're willing to wait for "that" buyer it will bring you a pretty penny. That year is very sought after and in such mint conditio$n with such low miles you could have quite a few people bidding over it. You may want to take a closer look at your trailer hitch before claiming zero rust though
Old 05-19-2013, 10:22 PM   #873
Wandering But Not Lost
Rattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to beholdRattler is a splendid one to behold

Rattler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelTired View Post

I see the '79-'83s hit good marks. I think you will be the the 5-digits with it being an '85 and clean.
Old 05-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #874

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
5-digits
easy^
Old 05-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #875
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich91710 View Post
I'd imagine they'd be okay with a 2". That's about a 33, and I ran 31's on my '94 5-lug with Fabtech AAL and just enough crank to level it.

Damn Rich...
Are those nike cortez shoes?
you really ARE from los angeles aren't you?!
haha jk
Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #876
MrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedMrGuitarguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: John
MrGuitarguy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
I see the '79-'83s hit good marks. I think you will be the the 5-digits with it being an '85 and clean.
Id say at least 6k.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:35 PM   #877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGuitarguy View Post
Id say at least 6k.
I've had offers for more than that for mine. He can do better than 6k.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #878
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
Damn Rich...
Are those nike cortez shoes?
you really ARE from los angeles aren't you?!
haha jk
I have no idea... I'm standing in the back by the driver's door. The big guy in front is my friend Bill who lived in Beaverton (RIP).
Old 05-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #879
Dorthy left Kansas for a reason
somethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shedsomethinboutayota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Parker
somethinboutayota's Tacoma Gallery
Does this count?

Heres another

Not mine but pretty sweet diesel, first one ive ever seen, it was near a frat in Manhattan, Kansas
Old 05-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #880
robm7 is on a distinguished road

robm7's Tacoma Gallery
'90 SR5 4x4

What do you all think? I want to restore it one day and maybe drop in a new transmission and engine