Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

More Frame Problems for Toyota trucks!!

Old 04-20-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
instructor74 is on a distinguished road
Name: Paul
instructor74's Tacoma Gallery
Wink More Frame Problems for Toyota trucks!!

Just a heads up talked to my father the other day he is having a window regulator problem in his 01 tacoma, I was unable to get to it so he took it into the dealer. He got a call from the dealer a few hours later with a $400 bill and was told his frame was rotted and needed to be replaced. They are going to replace the frame under warranty. I hope this is an issolated case and dosent end up with another huge buy back/recall.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:57 AM   #2
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Old 04-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Oh man. Too funny. Some people do live under rocks.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
It's been all over the internet and forums for about 2 years now.
They extended the warrantee on all tacomas for frame rust because the frames rot from the inside out.

The older tacomas - if they failed, the owners would get anywhere between 100% - 150% blue book value for the entire truck.
The newer tacomas, 2001-2004 got frame replacements or undercoating depending on how bad the rust was.

Welcome to the forum!
Where in PA are you from?
Old 04-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Check your sarcasm meter Janster.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:51 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
It's been all over the internet and forums for about 2 years now.
They extended the warrantee on all tacomas for frame rust because the frames rot from the inside out.

The older tacomas - if they failed, the owners would get anywhere between 100% - 150% blue book value for the entire truck.
The newer tacomas, 2001-2004 got frame replacements or undercoating depending on how bad the rust was.

Welcome to the forum!
Where in PA are you from?
thanks for the info
I was aware of the frame rot problems on trucks up to 2000. I was unaware of a problem with the frame or its replacement on the 01- 04 the dealer just did an inspec on the truck less than 6 months ago and he was told at that time his truck did not fall under any type of frame recall. So he was a bit shocked to hear he needed a new frame 6 months later
Old 04-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by instructor74 View Post
thanks for the info
I was aware of the frame rot problems on trucks up to 2000. I was unaware of the frame replacement on the 01- 04 the dealer just did an inspec on the frame less than 6 months ago and he was told at that time his truck did not fall under any type of frame recall. So he and I was a bit shocked to hear he needed a new frame 6 months later
There are still people who don't know, with that said thanks for posting Paul and congrats on the new frame, keep us posted on what happens!!
(and yes I new about the rust)
Old 04-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Oh man. Too funny. Some people do live under rocks.
To funny some people can be such dicks sorry I dont own a tocoma and only have used this site a few times to gather info when working on his. I really have no need to come on here other wise or read all there is to know about his truck
Old 04-20-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
There are still people who don't know, with that said thanks for posting Paul and congrats on the new frame, keep us posted on what happens!!
(and yes I new about the rust)
thanks willl let you know this dealer service department is a bit of numb nut but hope everything turns out okay for him
Old 04-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #10
rob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrob1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
To funny some people can be such dicks sorry I dont own a tocoma and only have used this site a few times to gather info when working on his. I really have no need to come on here other wise or read all there is to know about his truck
looks like we posted at the same time, ,,,,Like I said Paul thanks for posting, When I first came on board I did not know, and I am sure that allot of the new guys & gals joining TW don't know either and are afraid to post something because people will bash them, just ignore the negative comments and I hope you stick around for your fathers sake!! Laters Bro!!
Old 04-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #11

rob1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thanks willl let you know this dealer service department is a bit of numb nut but hope everything turns out okay for him
Yeah I know what you mean, I did my TSB for the tailgate & leaf springs and the service guy said,"What's a TSB??.........but we got it all squared out!!
Old 04-20-2010, 07:26 PM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob1 View Post
Yeah I know what you mean, I did my TSB for the tailgate & leaf springs and the service guy said,"What's a TSB??.........but we got it all squared out!!
whats the tsb for the tail gate does it have anything to do with the tail gate straps breaking? I will have to do a quick search
Old 04-20-2010, 07:31 PM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
How am I being a dick? I didn't call you a moron or anything. I said you live under a fucken rock. What is bad about that?

You may not own a Toyota but I'm sure the rust issue was mentioned on the news right along with the stuck gas pedal issue.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #14
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
whats the tsb for the tail gate does it have anything to do with the tail gate straps breaking? I will have to do a quick search
the put in a piece that helps with the strenght so that it wont bend with a load in the middle of it.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:32 PM   #15
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
lets keep it civil fellas.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:34 PM   #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomaman06 View Post
the put in a piece that helps with the strenght so that it wont bend with a load in the middle of it.
thanks found the info on it
Old 04-20-2010, 07:54 PM   #17
Quote:
How am I being a dick? I didn't call you a moron or anything. I said you live under a fucken rock. What is bad about that?

You may not own a Toyota but I'm sure the rust issue was mentioned on the news right along with the stuck gas pedal issue.
Yes the frame rust was covered buy the news but I never saw or heard any mention of frame replacements on the 01+ and after taking it into the dealer and being told that everything was fine and there was no tsb for rust on the 01 it was a bit of a shock less than 6 months later to get a call from the same dealer that the frame was rotted through. Sometimes you have to put your trust in a dealer to know what is going on when it comes to a huge safety recall. SO no I wasnt living under a rock as you have put it.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #18
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

Quote:

I think you're a dick smartass.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:09 PM   #19
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingman View Post
I think you're a dick smartass.
I knew that.

Thick skin. Some people have it and some don't.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #20
can someone point me to a link for the tsb/ recall on the 2001-2005 frame replacement thanks