1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Worst thing you did in your truck.....

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by chris4x4, May 15, 2008.

1. Sep 15, 2008 at 8:37 PM
    mudjunkie

mudjunkie Well-Known Member

Member:
    clearwater fl
    Vehicle:
    96 tacoma sx l
    header,short rack and pinion, heavy duty shocks, grill guard, flowmaster exhaust,pacesetter header without catalytic converter, one 10 inch xant sub with a mtx amp, off road lights,diamondplate tool box,rhinolined inside cab,ngk plugwires.
    hammered drunk one decide to go down my favorite alley its always full of mud and big puddles i love it any ways i decide to go about 60 miles and hour and thuddddddd i run over a shopping cart{it was hidden in the tall grass} now i am teetering on my rear end tires completley in the air so i say to my self "i got 4 wheel drive" so i put it in 4 low and am wondering why i cant go any where keep in mind i was hammered so i call a buddy it takes him 3 hours to get there just to remind me to lock my front hubs lol pulled me right off this cart boy did i feel stupid

2. Sep 15, 2008 at 9:00 PM
    JJ Customs

JJ Customs Supreme Leader!

Member:
    First Name:
    Jay
    NV
    Vehicle:
    Silverado Crew Cab Z71, 5.3 made from real Tornado's!
    A few additions to make me feel cool.
    Well nothing in the New Tacoma however in my 97 I was out at a bar one night back in the 90's when some guys from the first annual Camp Jeep rolled in and set at out table. As the bar closed they invited us Taco guys back to the Jeep sanctioned event. Needless to say the obstacles were long closed when we arrived at the location. Feeling a little intimidated by all the jeepers there and feeling no pain I watched a grand Cherokee and a CJ take the course a what I thought was a pansy 10 MPH so I jumped in my Taco and hit the course with all my friends cheering me on. I was doing good on this couse at about 55 when I came upon what I would call a small mout in front of me. With my reflexes at a all time cat like low I did not even bother for the break. Last thing I remember was what looked like the dash hitting the front seat. I rekin I went airborn and hit my head on the window and blacked out. Best part of it all was the Taco got me out of there with my dignity. Later the next day I was changing a busted shock and getting my wheels aligned however the first Camp Jeep will never forget what the little Taco did.

3. Sep 15, 2008 at 9:17 PM
    TacoNut

TacoNut IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Denver, Co
    Vehicle:
    16 TRD OR DCSB Quicksand
    Well the worst I did was slam my first car (Pontiac Vibe Front-Wheel Drive) backwards into a big 'ol tree at about 65 MPH. Vibe was totaled but GOD DAMMIT I KILLED THE TREE TOO!!!:D

All these remind me of a story about a couple of guys at work... After work one night the bought the usual beer and tequila, later that night they ran outta brew and turned to the tequila. Later one of them goes to drive home (way to drunk) the other guy gets a call about 15 min. later

"Dude i just plowed a cactus"
    "WHAT?"
    "It's ok the cop is a friend of my brother see ya later!"

cop let him drive home and he now owns that cactus.

4. Sep 15, 2008 at 9:23 PM
    TacoSter

TacoSter Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago Burbs
    Vehicle:
    Had 08 taco, in a 4runner now
    Driving & drinking with a micky d's vanilla shake. A dude cuts me off.. alittle road rage occurs, he flips me off. I drive up next to him and whip the shake, hoping to hit him in the face!:eek:
    My damn window was up:eek: - it splattered all over my cab, window, seats, everywhere... to make things worse, thru a clean spot on the window, I glance over to see the jack ass laughing.

5. Sep 15, 2008 at 10:38 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Backed into a steep ditch offroading. Took a lot of patience to get it unstuck myself with the locker. I did it though. :D

6. Sep 15, 2008 at 10:51 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    Just had the truck for about a month. Still completely stock. Went out for a bonfire with some people from work. Shortly after getting there a buddy of mine says we should go find some mud. He has a jeep. Well we start off and there is a river about 100 yards into the trail. He going first and water splashes over his hood. After a while I finally decide to follow him across. I make it across with really no problems. After about a hour of wasted time, no mud found. We head back and get to the river. He goes first again and I follow. This time I find a huge rock in the middle of the river and it pretty much destroys my stock skid plate and dents up a cross bar. It's not all bad though because this gave me an excuse to beef up my armor and get some aftermarket skids. So I went and got me the All-Pro skids and I love them.

7. Sep 15, 2008 at 11:47 PM
    350TacoZilla

350TacoZilla Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hancock MD
    Vehicle:
    1997 3RZ 5spd 4x4 Reg Cab
    2.7L 3RZ,K&N filter, 4" deck plate mod,flowmaster 40 series,3" suspension lift, hybrid 52"chevy/toyota rear springs.
    I dont think buying it counts :D

as for me...alot of things.. once I was driving along in ohio, about 2+ feet of snow...taking the (now ex) gf home from work...and i see this nice flat field just full of nice fresh snow...no fence's and i had been past this place maybe 20 times before....well I apparently never took notice to the 6' ditch between the road and field... I pull it in 4x4 swing into field and bam...front goes down...snow up past the cab...luckily it was powder not packed so little working at door i got it open and crawled out.....surveyed area...put in 4x4 low and after numerous back and forths I was out on road (truck had 6" lift 36x12.50 tsl's and lock rights front and aft)....

this other time we saw alittle sticky mud right beside trail I have ran on before...so I pull down over the little hill into the mud..play for few mins..then go to pull out..turn towards rd...give it way too much throttle playing around aaaaand.truck slides sideways (remember that locked front and rear?) down a 12ft embankment that is covered in thistles and mud.....so yeah 2hrs later I'm free at last LOL and the only thing that ended up hurt was me...(thistles)

8. Sep 18, 2008 at 9:14 PM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    13 TRD OR DC MGM
    Stock for now
    The original accident, I had rear-ended a friend ironically in their toyota truck who I was following up to go skiing. Oopsie. Paid for all that outta pocket. Well on the day I picked up my repaired 1987 toyota truck from the body shop I hit a yield sign for no good reason other than stupidity. It dragged all along the drivers side - front fender to the tail lights. Double Doh Cha ching! My body guy was like how the heck???

9. Sep 18, 2008 at 9:24 PM
    geerts016

geerts016 geerts016

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD SR5 4x4
    alpine 9884 deck, auxilary LED backup lights, alpine 6x9's, alpine 6's, rockford p1000 amp, two rockford p2 10" subs, seat heaters, deezee tool box painted BSP, aero 2525 exhaust, halo projector headlights, LED light strip in hood scoop, black mesh grill, tinted taillights, window visors
    hydro plained into a small mountain and rolled my 92... twice.

10. Sep 18, 2008 at 9:26 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    Worst thing so far I've done is almost run into a Verizon Wireless store.

I was stopped at a light...front car. The roads were wet. I was accelerating kinda hard, gave a little too much power when shifting into 2nd gear. Ass end kicks out and I'm spinning towards a jersey barrier. Over correct the slide and end up going into a 20' grassy area that separates the road with the store. Managed to gain control as I was sliding through the grass and got back onto the road ASAP and acted like nothing ever happened.

[​IMG]

11. Oct 9, 2012 at 3:27 PM
    ekapec

ekapec Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Erik
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    08 sr5 prerunner
    ultragauge, Cupholders painted black, Pop & Lock, N-Fab Light bar, Aux backup lights, kc daylighters, hella 500ff driving lights, fog lights. Leer cap w/roof rack and rocket box. Pioneer avh1400 dvd. Backup camera.
    Started smoking butts in it...taught my lady friend do drive manual as well, stalling never felt so sad.

12. Oct 9, 2012 at 7:21 PM
    2004TacomaSR5

2004TacomaSR5 Nemesis Prime

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tacoma DCSB & 1980 Toyota Pickup 4WD
    Tacoma is stock and staying that way, Pickup is TBA as of now.
    This is an old thread, but I'll contribute. I didn't do anything as serious as some of you have, but I was hauling ass down a mountain road one time and there was a washout that came up suddenly around a corner below a knoll, and I hit it doing about 30-35 and it jerked the truck pretty violently. So I stopped, got out and did a survey of the undercarriage to make sure nothing was bent or broken, nothing appeared out of shape. We drive a pretty tough truck!

Products Discussed in

To Top