Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

calling all TW members!

Old 05-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TOYOTA 09's Tacoma Gallery
calling all TW members!

Don't know much about the 1st gens (and yes this is posted there too as a cross post) but my bro and I are going to look at a truck for him (hist first)...we are going to take a look in about an hour and i wanted to see what you guys thought about this:

http://maine.craigslist.org/cto/1712008816.html

I have no clue when it comes to first gens....what should we look for and what are some common problems that we may want to check out before we make an offer...and or what should have been or should we have replaced/fixed

thanks!

* the reason i posted here and in the first gen section is because we need some suggestions and quick info beofre we drive to see it.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:16 PM   #2
I CANT SPELL SO DONT BITCH
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Look for frame and body rust. That looks like a real clean truck.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #3
Do I look like a guy with a plan?
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Well for starters that isn't a Tacoma.

It's a Toyota Pickup.

And not to sound like an ass, but I don't think this should be in the 2nd gen section at all. It has nothing to do with 2nd gens. And there is no need to post the same exact thread multiple times.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:18 PM   #4
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
yeah! The guy said he really babied it.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:21 PM   #5
98_mud_bug
98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed98_Mud_bug is one of the sharper tools in the shed

98_Mud_bug's Tacoma Gallery
check to make sure there is no oil all over the place, no frame rust, body rust and if you have the chance take it to a mechanic and get his opinion on it.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #6
mwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shedmwild is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mwild's Tacoma Gallery
That made me LOL
Old 05-16-2010, 12:23 PM   #7
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Calm down. My response included information pertaining to the truck in question. I told you it was not a Tacoma. I also said "Not to sound like an ass..." meaning I was just informing you. The reason there are specific sections on this site, is so that you can get the right answers. So calm your shit.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #8
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwild View Post
That made me LOL
Me too
Old 05-16-2010, 12:24 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98_Mud_bug View Post
check to make sure there is no oil all over the place, no frame rust, body rust and if you have the chance take it to a mechanic and get his opinion on it.

thanks guys !! beside the more obvious stuff like frame rust/oil leaks...is there anything else i should look for?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:26 PM   #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmack View Post
Calm down. My response included information pertaining to the truck in question. I told you it was not a Tacoma. I also said "Not to sound like an ass..." meaning I was just informing you. The reason there are specific sections on this site, is so that you can get the right answers. So calm your shit.

thank you...calm now....
Old 05-16-2010, 12:28 PM   #11

mwild's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 09 View Post
thanks guys !! beside the more obvious stuff like frame rust/oil leaks...is there anything else i should look for?
I had a 92 that was almost identical. They are built like rocks. As long as it runs good and dosnt make any weird noises it should last forever. Line had about 25000 on it and i beat the shit out of it and couldnt hurt. My neighbor bought it from about 5 years ago and still drives it alot.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:29 PM   #12
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
And even though I shouldn't help you after your rude remarks, $400 for a roll bar and 2 lights (which look like KC daylighters), is a rip off.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:32 PM   #13
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
#1) no cross posting
#2) not a 1st nor 2nd gen
#3) cmack is our whipping boy

oh yeah...closed the other thread and moved this one
Old 05-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #14
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
#1) no cross posting
#2) not a 1st nor 2nd gen
#3) cmack is our whipping boy
I hate you. You should be on probation again as far as moderator status goes, you sumbitch!
Old 05-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #15
anyone else?
Old 05-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #16
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
owned.he told you cmack
Old 05-16-2010, 01:53 PM   #17
Whitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhitfield is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Whitfield's Tacoma Gallery
3.0L V-6 is a fuel sucking anemic pig ~ .... but the 5-spd is a bonus!

head gaskets ~

and at 150k keep a good ear out for transmission bearing noise.

Pitman arm & idler arm joints

CV's / CV boots

But I'm guessing your hr is up and you either do or do not own the truck by now...
Old 05-16-2010, 01:56 PM   #18
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Looks like a great deal to me, the major parts have been done already (timing belt etc.). He's selling from Rhode Island (from his phone number) and they salt their roads in the winter so like mwild said look for rust. If it's solid I'd buy it myself at that price.