Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

2010 toyota tacoma for 2010 fj cruiser

Old 05-17-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
Taco Rookie
lepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud of

Name: Frank
lepedog23's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to lepedog23
2010 toyota tacoma for 2010 fj cruiser

hey guys i took a trip this weekend up to oakland from l.a. with family(2 kids and wifey) i felt so bad for my kids because since seats are so straight when they fell asleep their heads would hang down. i tried putting something behind their carseats to make it so it be kind of laid down, but still too straight up. wifey had to be in back seat holding them the whole time. was a fun trip but just the drive sucked. i was thinking about trading in my tacoma for an fj cruiser 4wd. i dont know much of anything about the cruiser but i want to start offroading with family and just seems like the perfect vehicle for us. too bad its a 2 door but interior room and seating would be lifesavers when we go out again. i love my taco and will probably get one once the kids are bigger and keep fj for the wifey. what do you guys think of the fj cruiser?
Old 05-17-2010, 12:19 AM   #2
1WhiteTaco has a spectacular aura about1WhiteTaco has a spectacular aura about

Name: Alex
1WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Do it. Then trade me your wheels.
Old 05-17-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
Have you attempted placing the kiddos in the FJ?

I may be wrong, but last i looked, It seemed the DC taco has much more room in the rear quarters (as far as seating goes).
Old 05-17-2010, 07:17 AM   #4
Everything's BIGGER in TX!
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
Oskie_78's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Oskie_78
I was looking at an FJ before I got my tacoma and back seats on the tacoma are a lot better and also more room. the FJ back seat looked like ply wood, less room back there, and 2 doors makes it harder for the kids to get in.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:20 AM   #5
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
yea the 2 little doors would kill the deal for me
Old 05-17-2010, 07:50 AM   #6
BKGarrison is on a distinguished road
Name: Brandon
BKGarrison's Tacoma Gallery
Roll up a towel and put it under the front of the kiddo seat. I bought the DC taco because it had more rear seat room than my Grand Cherokee or my volvo s60-R

Our little guy is in a rear facing seat, and just moved from the infant carrier to the convertible seat. I had to stuff a pretty good sized towel in there to get it to lay back correctly, but now he likes it a lot. Also had to move up the passenger front seat a little, but not too much.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #7
Taco Rookie
lepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud oflepedog23 has much to be proud of

hmmmmmmmmmlooked at stock pics on toyota of an fj interior and it does look tiny. im gonna have to go look at it, plus ill be upgrading to 4x4 if i get it.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #8
There's no place like 127.0.0.1
BuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuckNakedBooda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BuckNakedBooda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskie_78 View Post
I was looking at an FJ before I got my tacoma and back seats on the tacoma are a lot better and also more room. the FJ back seat looked like ply wood, less room back there, and 2 doors makes it harder for the kids to get in.
Absolutely agree. My fat ass could barely get into the back of a FJ. The Tacoma defintely feels so much better than a FJ.....

I just traded in my 2006 Honda Element EX-P for the Tacoma and the Element had craps loads more room. The seats could lean back even to form a small bed. The only thing I miss about the Element was the seat configurations of the rear.....
Old 05-17-2010, 08:47 AM   #9
Taco Rookie

maybe i should keep the taco and just buy a used sequoia or small suv, it'll be thousands cheaper. im upsidedown on my taco so not really worth it, i think.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:52 AM   #10
bisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant futurebisdak10 has a brilliant future

bisdak10's Tacoma Gallery
have u looked at the new 4runners? they seem to be very flexible in the back.

a used sequoia will always be a good car because u know its not abused offroad and it is a toyota..
Old 05-17-2010, 09:03 AM   #11
David K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shedDavid K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

David K's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 4 door Tacoma... plenty of room in back, and normal seats. My first Tacoma was the extra cab, and as my kids got bigger I had to grow up to a 4 door, too! Now, I can take adults four wheeling in comfort.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #12
︻╦╤─
Doc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedDoc.SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: HM1 (FMF/SW/AW)
Doc.SS's Tacoma Gallery
OP how old are the children..??
Old 05-17-2010, 10:43 AM   #13
RogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant futureRogueLeader has a brilliant future

Air Force: Aircraft Armament Tech
Name: Rod
RogueLeader's Tacoma Gallery
Won't gain anything with FJC seats

The FJ seats are set at the same angle as your DC seats, so you won't gain anything there. The FJC is a little tighter, but several FJ owners don't seem to have a problem putting kids in the back. The only way you're going to get seats that recline are to get a Rav4, 4 Runner, Land Cruiser, or maybe a Sienna. The one advantage to the FJ seats are they are easy to clean because they are water resistant, which means that most stuff that falls on them just brushes right off. Of course, you can put seat covers, or maybe scotchguard on them to make them easy to clean.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:35 AM   #14
Taco Rookie

im going to be keeping the tacoma i owe 31,500 and they only offered to give me 20k for my tacoma because, "it's been modified and will be hard to sell." bullcrap. well i found out i can modify my suspension get a rear locker and use my 2WD in desert runs. so thatll be fun. kids are 5 & 3.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:39 AM   #15
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
yea the 2 little doors would kill the deal for me
x2
Old 05-18-2010, 09:38 PM   #16
Oskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shedOskie_78 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco323 View Post
im going to be keeping the tacoma i owe 31,500 and they only offered to give me 20k for my tacoma because, "it's been modified and will be hard to sell." bullcrap. well i found out i can modify my suspension get a rear locker and use my 2WD in desert runs. so thatll be fun. kids are 5 & 3.
Dam, the dealer is try to rip your ass off! give you 20,000 for it and the the dealer well end up selling it for 33,000
Old 05-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #17
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
I use a rolled up towel and remove the headrests. The headreast forces the car seat forward.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:54 AM   #19

this one shank in the test drive

Old 05-20-2010, 12:13 AM   #20
Taco Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskie_78 View Post
Dam, the dealer is try to rip your ass off! give you 20,000 for it and the the dealer well end up selling it for 33,000
hell yeah tell me about it. this time i didnt give them my keys so i walked out as soon as they said 20k.