1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

going FJ shopping Tonigh

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Zombie Runner, May 24, 2010.

1. May 24, 2010 at 1:56 PM
    Zombie Runner

Zombie Runner [OP] Are these black helicopters for me?

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Wichita Falls, TX
    Vehicle:
    2011 taco, sport 4x4
    oil change...
    Well my local Toyota dealer has a bunch of pushy jerks working for them so after work tonight my wife and I will be going to Toyota of Lawton to look at getting her a new FJ. She wants an Iceberg white one:cool: and Ill get some extra stuff like the roof rack and rear locker:D

The bad thing is she is $4500 upside down on her stupid mustang. We have a buyer thats gonna give us 14,500 for it which is pretty good but it still sucks ass that a $28,000 FJ will turn into a $32,500 FJ...plus tax.

We are gonna try and do an "in and out" deal where on paper it looks like we did a trade and only pay taxes on the difference of the price of the vehicles. so it would be taxes on like 17000 instead of 32000. Does anyone have any experience with an "in and out trade"?

2. May 29, 2010 at 7:23 PM
    redezman

redezman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Raleigh N.C
    Vehicle:
    2012 4Runner SR5 4x4
    All Factory for now, LOVE it that way
    gotta love them pushy salemen who think they know everything

3. May 29, 2010 at 9:34 PM
    Anthony

Anthony San Antonio Detailer :)

Member:
    Houston - Spring/Tomball area
    Vehicle:
    06 prerunner access cab 2.7L M5
    Nfabs Afe Pro Dry UWS linex'd toolbox
    umm "in and out" deal? :confused:

so are you trading it in or not? a trade only works one way, you only pay taxes on the difference regardless... so they deduct your trade value from your new trucks final negotiated price, do the taxes and fees on that balance, then add your full trade in balance after all that to come up with your total drive out price. yes you only pay taxes on the price after trade value rather then full vehicle sale price.

youll probably "save" about 1000-1400 in taxes, after negative equity youre going to be paying about full sticker for the fj anyways. keep trying tosell it outright for as much as you can.

Products Discussed in

To Top