Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

going FJ shopping Tonigh

Old 05-24-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
going FJ shopping Tonigh

Well my local Toyota dealer has a bunch of pushy jerks working for them so after work tonight my wife and I will be going to Toyota of Lawton to look at getting her a new FJ. She wants an Iceberg white one and Ill get some extra stuff like the roof rack and rear locker

The bad thing is she is $4500 upside down on her stupid mustang. We have a buyer thats gonna give us 14,500 for it which is pretty good but it still sucks ass that a $28,000 FJ will turn into a $32,500 FJ...plus tax.

We are gonna try and do an "in and out" deal where on paper it looks like we did a trade and only pay taxes on the difference of the price of the vehicles. so it would be taxes on like 17000 instead of 32000. Does anyone have any experience with an "in and out trade"?
Old 05-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #2
redezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant futureredezman has a brilliant future

Name: Charles
redezman's Tacoma Gallery
gotta love them pushy salemen who think they know everything
Old 05-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
San Antonio Detailer :)
Anthony will become famous soon enough
Anthony's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Anthony
umm "in and out" deal?

so are you trading it in or not? a trade only works one way, you only pay taxes on the difference regardless... so they deduct your trade value from your new trucks final negotiated price, do the taxes and fees on that balance, then add your full trade in balance after all that to come up with your total drive out price. yes you only pay taxes on the price after trade value rather then full vehicle sale price.

youll probably "save" about 1000-1400 in taxes, after negative equity youre going to be paying about full sticker for the fj anyways. keep trying tosell it outright for as much as you can.