View Poll Results: Why did you buy it?
4X2 for Price 25 13.66%
4X2 for Needs 35 19.13%
4X4 for Needs 67 36.61%
4X4 for Wants 47 25.68%
4x2 for want 9 4.92%
Voters: 183. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #1
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: LAR (Master Gunner/Instructor)
Name: Guy
gjbonner's Tacoma Gallery
4X4...4X2...Why?

I got the idea to do this from the 4x4 on the pedestal thread

You either bought your 4X2 for the price or for your needs... maybe even both!

As for the 4X4 you either bought it for your needs or didn't buy it at all. Its more expensive so I can't imagine low cost being your reason but I guess some buy it for wants. that is to say just in case,(not that they know but more that they think), maybe they may need it one day or just because, "hell its better"

I'm not giving a both category, that's a cop out... its one or the other ladies & gentlemen. One had to weigh more on your mind than the other.

So there is 4 categories...

4X2 for Price

4X2 for Needs

4X4 for Needs

4x4 for Wants

And please explain your vote!
Old 05-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #3
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Really?? Do we need to keep poking the 4x4/4x2 debate thing??
Wait, there's a debate?
Old 05-28-2010, 02:52 PM   #4
gjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shedgjbonner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hahah of course we do...No, this is a question of WHY, not who is better. this thread is only meant to get behind the thought process behind the purchase nothing more! so please don't get it twisted.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #6
Jimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud ofJimmyjohn has much to be proud of

Name: Jim
Jimmyjohn's Tacoma Gallery
Montana has two seasons Summer and Winter Lots of Rain and Snow
Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I bought 4wd because I wheel. Even if I don't wheel I need it for when I take my ATV out. There are a few places that are loose sand and 2wd is a no go there most of the time. I will say that I have only wheeled twice since I got my truck in December.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #8
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
MAybe not so much "debate" as "butthurtness" (yes-I made that word up)
I like it.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #9
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
4x4 for needs as there is tons of snow up here in canada. I dont offroad so 4x4 only gets used in winter. Used to have a 2wd F-150 and swore I will never get a 2wd truck again. Now in differnet climate I would consider a Prerunner.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
sooo what about those of us who bought our trucks for the price but still got 4x4 even though it wasnt initially wanted or needed?
Old 05-28-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
Support our troops!
The End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe End is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Master at Arms
Name: Tim
The End's Tacoma Gallery
Price and availability.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my Prerunner, because I needed a DD truck, and didnt need the front diff.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:00 PM   #13

i don't get it tigerfan...the 4x4 is more expensive? please enlighten my retardedness or retardedry...

I love the butthurness word Brunes...that is great

Edit oh are you saying that you didnt really set out to get a 4x4 but found one at a great price and bought it? that's a hard poll option to put up but nontheless a notable choice.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #15
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjbonner View Post
i don't get it tigerfan...the 4x4 is more expensive? please enlighten my retardedness or retardedry...

I love the butthurness word Brunes...that is great
I bought my truck used

it was at Carmax priced as a regular 2002 Tacoma XCab...i got the TRD/4x4 fo free
Old 05-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #16

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I bought my Prerunner, because I needed a DD truck, and didnt need the front diff.
Tiger has a TC an front diff he doesn't use. May be you two could work a deal?
Old 05-28-2010, 03:03 PM   #17
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
I got 4WD because it snows 5 months of the year here and I really don't like shoveling the driveway.
Old 05-28-2010, 03:04 PM   #18
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
Old 05-28-2010, 03:06 PM   #19

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4

That is some funny stuff right there!
Old 05-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #20
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
No need. Plus, I have had my share of off roading, and Im getting a little board with it.