LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > Toyota Trucks & SUVs

Notices

Saw a Toyota Hilux in Salt Lake City, Utah

Old 06-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
mgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to mgage10 Send a message via Skype™ to mgage10
Saw a Toyota Hilux in Salt Lake City, Utah

I was driving on the I-15 freeway in Salt Lake City yesterday afternoon and a Toyota Hilux pulls up next to me on the on ramp! I pulled my phone out as soon as I could to snap a picture.

It's in front of the white Honda Pilot. I did not recognize the plates on the truck and am pretty sure they weren't American. This totally threw me off though!

Old 06-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #2
NWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNWtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NWtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
tacoma>hilux
Old 06-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
Name: Mike
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
I haven't seen one of those since Afghanistan
Old 06-11-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
mgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmgage10 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWtacoma View Post
tacoma>hilux

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwithcorona View Post
I haven't seen one of those since Afghanistan
I've never seen one in person. It threw me off cuz everyone says they will never be in the states and sure enough one pulls right up next to me.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:59 PM   #5
jackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the roughjackwithcorona is a jewel in the rough

Firefighter: Goddamned Paratrooper
jackwithcorona's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah they look badass and they run good, sounds familiar don't it?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #8
Iron Beard
Kyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shedKyouto42 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
Kyouto42's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Kyouto42 Send a message via MSN to Kyouto42
Not really sure how taco > hilux.. visually yes but technically they have a better, more robust drivetrain (talking new to new), fully boxed frame, diseal, among some other things. They are ugly as sin though.... taco's got them way beat on that department.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #10

mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyouto42 View Post
Not really sure how taco > hilux.. visually yes but technically they have a better, more robust drivetrain (talking new to new), fully boxed frame, diseal, among some other things. They are ugly as sin though.... taco's got them way beat on that department.
I wonder if an engine swap would be a reasonable possibility
Old 06-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #11
sam_i02 is on a distinguished road

Name: Samir
sam_i02's Tacoma Gallery
I have the best of both worlds - the easy route. Have a taco that is debadged and ready for the new hilux badges i got from sockmoney!
Old 06-11-2010, 07:54 PM   #13
kinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinetik873 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GM1(sw/exw), USS Tortuga 01-04, NSWDG 04-09.
Name: Josh
kinetik873's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgage10 View Post
I wonder if an engine swap would be a reasonable possibility
X2, once I get above 150k on my engine, I may look hard at doing that.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:55 PM   #14
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I see quite a few older right hand drive hiluxes around my neck of the woods , not sure where they are coming from but in BC there are a lot of right hand drive vehicles imported from Japan .
Old 06-11-2010, 07:59 PM   #15
Hi-Tech Rednek
::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed::childstoy:: is one of the sharper tools in the shed

::childstoy::'s Tacoma Gallery
I think they look badass... I like the interior too.

IMO of course

Sorry for the giant pic...
Old 06-12-2010, 12:43 AM   #17
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
They aren't aggressive enough for me. I'd never drive one. I don't care what's under the hood.

But yeah, I see them from time to time here in San Diego. They all have Mexican plates.
Old 06-12-2010, 12:44 AM   #18
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Hilux>Tacoma

I LOVE the Hilux. I'd get one in a heartbeat!
Old 06-19-2010, 07:27 AM   #19
huntingskeetman is on a distinguished road
huntingskeetman's Tacoma Gallery
I just wish they'd offer a diesel option engine like on the Hilux on American market Tacoma's. I fired off an email to Toyota letting em know that, they say they have no intention of offering a diesel Tacoma in US in near future, that sucks!
Old 06-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #20

mgage10's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingskeetman View Post
I just wish they'd offer a diesel option engine like on the Hilux on American market Tacoma's. I fired off an email to Toyota letting em know that, they say they have no intention of offering a diesel Tacoma in US in near future, that sucks!
That's really frustrating.