1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

89 4runner engine swap

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Taco505, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Jun 29, 2010 at 9:49 PM
    Taco505

Taco505 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2011 4cyl 4x4 5 speed
    OME 884's/90021, MD Dakar/Nitrocharger.
    hey guys!

well i have come back to the best forum out there, i was tryin to ask a question on yotatech and well so far they were worthless i need some info, options, and opinions. let see if you guys can one up yotatech!

anyway here it goes

just bought an 89 4runner dlx 5speed 22re, and i have a few questions about a supra swap just hope you guys can help me more than searching has. i bought the 4runner and well the engine is fine but i know it may need some work done to it sometime in the future.....

so...

i have been considering the 1jzgte and the 7mgte motor to do a sawp but im still confused as to what will bolt up and what will take fabrication to make it work. i want more power than the 22re will put out for some trail rides, towing from time to time, and also just to be able to keep up with traffic.

ok the 1jz
    -it will bolt up the the 22re engine mounts correct?
    -the stock w56 tranny will also bolt up to the 1jz correct?
    -if the w56 bolts up will it be able to hold the stock output of the 1jz hp/torque?
    -if it wont hold the power long or wont bolt up nice and clean should i look for a different tranny like a R151F? or W59?
    -lastly will this motor be good for what i want to do with the (trail time, some towing, daily driving) 4runner?

the 7M (dont know much about)
    -this will not bolt up the the 22re mounts correct?
    -this will not bolt up the the w56 with out a few mods, or bolt up to the R151F with out a few mods correct?
    -the stock power output is lower than the 1jz so would this be better for the w56 tranny?
    -is this motor better for what i want to do with the (trail time, some towing, daily driving) 4runner?

anyway sorry this thread is so damn long its just something i am very interested in and i want to start looking into options and prices, thanks alot for all your help in advance.

Products Discussed in

To Top