1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Balise Toyota SUCKS!!!

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by USARMYAV11, May 2, 2011.

1. May 2, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    USARMYAV11

USARMYAV11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Rucker, AL
    Vehicle:
    11 Sport Mag Grey
    I bought my 2011 Tacoma on March 15, 2011 and it has yet been registered!!! I was given temp plates for 3 weeks but they didn’t use the time to register it so I had to drop it off at the dealership to sit since it was not legal to drive anymore since the temp plates expired. It now has been 4 weeks that it has been at the dealership. I have talked to the general sales manager about the issue and also the GM of the dealership. They both have been telling it is their #1 priority right now. I would hate to see what isnt their #1 priority since its been 4 weeks on mine. To make it better they offered to fill my gas tank and clean my 3 week old truck! I laughed in their face. So disappointed. Then I was told that they would install my new lift for free, which would of made me a happy costumer again. However I was called back a day later saying how it was to involved. I decided to call USAA the bank and lender who sent me to the dealership. They told me they would handle the issue. USAA = GREAT COMPANY!!!! I was called back by Balise and asked to come in tomorrow to settle the issue. 7 weeks to register my truck? I'm not asking for them to register it in Mars. I was patient for way to long. So all in the New England but mainly RI,MA, VT, NH area stay away from Balise Toyota Warwick!

2. May 2, 2011 at 3:16 PM
    Snowman11

Snowman11 Supreme Ruler

Member:
    First Name:
    Snow
    Near Philly
    Vehicle:
    2011 DCLB TuRD Sport
    5100 Billies
    Did they at least give you an identical loaner? The dealer I bought mine has 10 used Tacoma's in the lot...

3. May 3, 2011 at 4:02 PM
    USARMYAV11

USARMYAV11 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fort Rucker, AL
    Vehicle:
    11 Sport Mag Grey
    They gave me a base level tacoma. I went to talk to them today and they started arguing with me in the middle of the showroom and then proceeded to walk away from me before I was done talking. I was also told it would be another week before the plates would be in. Bringing the grand total to 7 and half weeks without plates for my brand new truck and 5 weeks of me not having possession of my truck.

4. Nov 26, 2011 at 8:49 PM
    skidooman

skidooman I'm your huckleberry

Member:
    First Name:
    TJ
    Northern Nevada
    Vehicle:
    19 Taco
    Kings, JBA, BAMF, C4, Deaver, Prinsu, TJM, SnugTop, 5.29s
    The dealership is responsible for registering your truck?? Thats bizarre. In Nevada the dealer gives you a 30 day permit, then it's up to you to get it plates.

5. Jan 19, 2012 at 1:08 PM
    dwsyab

dwsyab Old Man

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Sturbridge MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    TRD Exhaust, rear diff breather mod, CB Radio
    There must be a problem with the title and or your insurance coverage! These are the only things that could be holding it up.Have you called your insurance agent to find out if they were contacted to confirm your coverage? These dealerships have people whose job is to go to the Registry to complete the registration paper work and pick up the tags.

At this point, I would insist on getting my money back and buy a truck from a different dealer if this vehicle cannot be registered.

6. Jan 19, 2012 at 1:10 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs
    i had this issue with a used car dealership, it took them 3 months to get me registered and my 30 day cardboard tag melted so i rode plateless for 2 months

7. Jan 19, 2012 at 1:13 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Thats horrible, but I got to say USAA FTW!!!

8. Jan 19, 2012 at 1:20 PM
    TacomaBuzz

TacomaBuzz Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2014 RegCab 4x4 TX Special Edition
    Sirius, Bugflector,back-rack, stepsides.
    I've personally dealt with this dealership you speak of. I would not go back due to shitty customer service. I tried to trade in my old 05 Tacoma there and they lowballed the shit out of me. almost every dealership sucks in my opinion.

9. Jan 20, 2012 at 1:37 PM
    dwsyab

dwsyab Old Man

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Sturbridge MA
    Vehicle:
    2012 TRD Offroad
    TRD Exhaust, rear diff breather mod, CB Radio
    I've had really good experiences with the sales department at both Harr Toyota and Herb Chambers Toyota. And the Harr service department has been superb at handling any issues that came up. If fact, they actually did some repairs at no cost when I expressed concern that the item (warped break rotors in this case) should not have required replacement at only 40 K miles.

Products Discussed in

To Top