1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What to do!? 4 runner price

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by SoxTacoma12, May 15, 2011.

1. May 15, 2011 at 7:54 AM
    SoxTacoma12

SoxTacoma12 [OP] Member

Member:
    So I bought a 2011 Tacoma about a month ago. Now the wife will be getting a 2011 4runner. We originally wanted to buy both together hoping to get a great deal, but the wife was set on getting a new Grand Chrerokee. I was able to talk her back into the 4Runner.

I went to the Toyota dealership I have been dealing with for a while now , bought several cars from them at very fair prices. I figured they would be very competitive again- especially since I just bought the Tacoma. So they offered me $7k for the wifes 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland w/ 90k miles. Then offered only 2k off sticker. When I countered with 10k for the trade and keeping just 2k off sticker...salesman wouldnt even go back to the manager , just said this was the best they can do.

I handle insurance claims for a living, so I have a very good idea of real cash values on used vehicles. Her overland would probably get 9k at auction. But with gas prices I can see right now being tougher to fetch that amount. Reason I was asking for 10k is b/c they were only taking off 2k from sticker and most other internet quotes back to 3k off sticker.

So I went to another local Toyota dealer, explained I am getting a 4runner by weeks end, looking to get their best price on the trade and truck and if it is the best price they will have won my business. So without negotiating, they come back showing 12k for trade and sticker for 4runner....so basically its 10k for trade and 2k off sticker , or any other variation of that...but basically 12k off sticker total with trade...so that is 3k better than the place I have been a long time customer with.

What would you do? go back to other dealer and give them chance to keep the business and beat the offer? try a couple other dealerships? The other thing I am pissed about is, now I will wonder if I could have got another 1-2k on my Tacoma deal!

2. May 15, 2011 at 8:13 AM
    jmayday23

jmayday23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    '10 4WD TRD Sport DCLB
    Grillecraft, Hella 500 HIDs, weathertech mats, yellow fogs, OME 885's with shocks and AAL. Bridgestone Revos 285/70-17
    If you really like the dealer you've been with for awhile, I'd give them a chance to match the offer. Otherwise, so long! I bet they match the offer to keep your business, especially if you've dealt with them in the past. Good Luck!

Products Discussed in

To Top