1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need a little help before I buy

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by frawressvictoly, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Sep 12, 2011 at 1:59 PM
    frawressvictoly

frawressvictoly [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Apopka
    Vehicle:
    4g63mr@gmail.com
    Bone stock TRD offroad
    I started to buy a tacoma but turns out its not what was advertised so I went ahead and backed out of the buy. Then I started to go back into what do I really want/ vs need/ what should I know. So this has led me back to my drawing board.

Okay first off hi guys.

I'm in the process of buying a new truck. I am 99.9% sure I want it to be toyota (the name "toyota" says it all). What I want my truck or suv todo is fit around my budget (dont want to take out a loan would rather pay cash). Be fun to drive. Last (with tlc), and capable of exploring.

Okay so what im looking at and want
    I want to be able to do some trail driving (nothing extreme as I am brand new to offroading). I live in orlando and the ocala national forest is close w/ lots of good trails. Would also like to get my truck dirty and have fun playing off the roads.
    Also my Budget is 10k so I hope im being realistic in my list.
    I pref MT but automatic is def not out of the question.

Here is my list so far. I hope you guys can shed some light on me

:: 1st gen toyota tacoma's later 90's very early 2000's. I want the TRD off road package. This should be plenty hardcore for my needs.

:: FJ80 series Land cruisers 91-97ish. Rugged and I think look fantastic. Needs to find w/ factory lockers

lastly

::4runners These I know the least amount about but seems extremely hard to find one that hasnt been wreaked and more so difficult to find one w/ Factory rear lockers installed. I assume the 3rd get runners are in my range (mid 90's)?

Anyways so of these which would you guys recomind and why? To me it really doesn't matter if its a truck or suv. I kind of lean in the way of the tacoma because I love there body style and they seem tuff as nails. Though I have always had my eyes on older landcruisers and 4runners.

Well thanks in advance guys.
    Let the hunt for a new toy begin.

Products Discussed in

To Top