1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Clicking brakes?

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by Bentley1, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Nov 6, 2011 at 4:36 AM
    Bentley1

Bentley1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2005 sr5
    Front light bar,roof rack,nerf bars,skid plate,3 inch lift kit
    I have a 2005 sr5. It was due for brakes. When completed I heard a clicking noise from the left front wheel area. Had the wheel bearing replaced,caliper,rotors and pads. All factory parts at a dealer. The clicking stops when brakes are applied. The faster I go the faster the clicking. Months prior to this problem I installed a slightly set of wider tires and a 3 inch lift kit. However the clicking didn't start until the brake job.

2. Nov 6, 2011 at 4:41 AM
    Brunes

Brunes abides.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rotorhead
    Around
    Vehicle:
    08 Red/Graphite and Satin Black
    Inside: Tint, Wet Okole 1/2 Piped Red/Black Covers, Black Weathertech Digital Fit Mats, URD Short Throw w/ TWM Weighted Knob, USA Spec iPod adapter. Outside: 4300K Retro w/ Angel Eyes and Red Shrouds, 5000K Blazer Fog Light Retrofit, Debadge, Bed Locking Handle, Satin Black Rims Performance: TRD/Steigmeier Blower w/ 2.7 Pulley. 668 Injectors and 320 LPH AEM Fuel pump. URD UCON and 7th Injector. DTLT Headers, URD Y-Pipe, Wicked Flow Muffler. Suspension: Both: OME Shocks Front: 886X's and TC UCAs Rear: Dakars Armor: Relentless Front Bumper Relentless High Clearance Rear w/ Tire/Rotopax Swing Out Relentless Front, Mid, and TCase skids BAMF Diff Skid Recovery and Spares: Fullsize Spare Tire 2x2 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Rotopax 1x1 gal Water Rotopax Warn 9.5XP-S Winch Hi-Lift Extreme 60" Ironman Off-Road Recovery Kit
    Put the front of the truck up on jackstands and start spinning the tires?? It sounds like something isn't in the right place-
    The other thing you could do it take it back to the dealer that did the work and tell them they messed it up and have them look for the source.

Welcome to the board!!

3. Nov 6, 2011 at 4:59 AM
    4Wheelin4Banger

4Wheelin4Banger Supercharged Toyman

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Ferntucky, NV Halfway between Reno & Falabama
    Vehicle:
    2011 4x4 Access Cab Supercharged Silver State Edition 245WHP
    3" OME lift 885s & Dakars riding on 33" KM2s
    [​IMG]Welcome to TW from Sparks, NV[​IMG]

4. Nov 7, 2011 at 4:20 PM
    Bentley1

Bentley1 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Kansas
    Vehicle:
    2005 sr5
    Front light bar,roof rack,nerf bars,skid plate,3 inch lift kit
    I am afraid this dealer washed their hands of it and returned my money. I very much appreciate your feedback. Any info helps. I did put it up on jacks and spun the wheel. That lead to the bearing and caliper replacements. I haven't hit anything with my wheel but could something be slightly bent and causing something to rub? The catch here is that it quits when the brakes are applied. Ive replaced about everything. What else is there?

Products Discussed in

To Top