1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Getting a 84

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by ktmrider, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Feb 19, 2013 at 2:17 PM
    ktmrider

ktmrider [OP] Senior Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB 4x4 Sport S/C
    Junk
    Long story summary,

It was my dads truck in his early years of being a broke dental school graduate working at the indian health center. When he started to make it he gave it to my grandparents who have had it since 1990.

My grandpa uses it to get up and down his driveway twice a year in the snow, and they flat tow it behind their motorhome -- we will get to this. He cant get down to lock the hubs anymore so now this truck is being inherted to me.

My big concern, reading the toyota bulletin board on pirate it seems i have a slight issue with the past 22 years of the truck being flat towed behind a motorhome for close to 50k miles.

I came across this on the board

May be the wrong site to ask but i am looking for any advice, I plan to tear into this truck pretty quick to preserve it as its been neglected for some time. What should i look into with this fact being known.
    Thanks for the help

also this truck is going to be my new dd hopefully, the 07 will be for trips and towing, i know this is the dumb way to do it, but its how it worked out

2. Feb 20, 2013 at 2:37 PM
    YotaDan

YotaDan Dan

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Oregon
    Those trucks are very durable, and if any of those parts were worn, there is a huge aftermarket for them. That is one of the best most reliable vehicles a person could own. Being an 84 it has a solid front axle. So the biggest concern is when you park it. Those front axles, and the transfer cases are highly sought after. So just be careful about the truck getting stolen.

Products Discussed in

To Top