1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

lowering spare tire

Discussion in 'Toyota Trucks & SUVs' started by dunwur, Sep 1, 2013.

1. Sep 1, 2013 at 7:48 PM
    dunwur

dunwur [OP] Active Member

Member:
    toronto Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 tacoma sr5 4x4
    This is driving me crazy . I tried for close to an hour to lower the spare tire from under my 2011 tacoma sr5 4x4 . The crank supplied with the jack kit doesn't seem to engage the screw to lower the wheel . What am I doing wrong ? Instructions make it sound so simple . Anyone else have this problem ?...Thanks

2. Sep 1, 2013 at 8:00 PM
    OffroadToy

OffroadToy old, forgetful, and decomposing

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Offroad DCSB AT- VSC,TRAC,HAC, & DAC
    Icon Stage 8, ECGS Bushing, Timbren bump stops, Crown braided/extended brake lines, Overland Custom Design sway bar links, rear differential breather extension, oil filter drain hose, a/c drain hose extension & reroute, front windows tint, Cat Security, XPEL headlight/fog & grill protection, OEM block heater, RCBS illuminated 4X4 switch,
    The thing is a pita... i'd hate to have to get to it on the side of the road at night. Like mentioned look through the hole (might even be able to see it from underneth) and look for the notch where the jack handle lines up. There's a mod on here somewhere where a member installed a section of pvc under there to help get the jack handle to the sweet spot.

Edit- see post #1014 here... http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/technical-chat/4838-cheap-free-mods-51.html#post3571643

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top