Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

OME Lift

Old 08-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #1
Yok3d is on a distinguished road

Name: Evan
Yok3d's Tacoma Gallery
OME Lift

I was thinking about ordering the OME Complete Lift Kit in the next month or so. I have heard that UCA's are a must for any lift over 3". I will mostly be doing highway driving and the very occasional ride out to the beach. Being a starving college student I can't afford both the lift kit and uca's . Would it be worth it to just hold of on the lift until I can get both or will I not run into issues with the OME lift with the driving I am doing?
Old 09-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #2
Claytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud ofClaytor has much to be proud of

Air Force: GREEN LIGHT!
Name: Clayton
Claytor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yok3d View Post
I was thinking about ordering the OME Complete Lift Kit in the next month or so. I have heard that UCA's are a must for any lift over 3". I will mostly be doing highway driving and the very occasional ride out to the beach. Being a starving college student I can't afford both the lift kit and uca's . Would it be worth it to just hold of on the lift until I can get both or will I not run into issues with the OME lift with the driving I am doing?
I have the exact same question... if anyone has any advice
Old 09-27-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
i don't have aftermarket UCAs OME lift there is nothing wrong with my alignment.
Old 09-27-2010, 02:08 PM   #6
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by borderbrat View Post
i don't have aftermarket UCAs OME lift there is nothing wrong with my alignment.
When you say "nothing wrong" You mean that you don't feel anything wrong or do you have the specs for your alingment...Cause I would say you are extremely lucky if you don't have any alignment issues on stock UCAs.
Old 09-27-2010, 06:31 PM   #8
Negative Ghostrider
bnavin is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
bnavin's Tacoma Gallery
Old 01-07-2011, 02:34 PM   #9
Streaking10 Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Streaking10 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Question for the masses.... I just moved out of a Chevy 2500 crew-cab Diesel into a 2010 DC-SB Pre-Runner Off Road, so heres my question:

Can I install the Billstein 5100's front and rear with the OME 886 front coils and the Ome Leaf springs in back and will it be level?
Old 01-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
yes you can. Install the bilsteins at zero lift setting although I have seen it done at 0.85. And you can mix and match whatever shock spring combo you want in the rear so long as the shocks are long enough to accommodate the spring. I'm not sure about the 886 coil i thought 885 were recommended unless you have an aftermarket plate front bumper with a winch. But with OME coils up front and OME leafs in the back alone it will still have rake. you will need to give the front a little more than what the coils will give you. So setting the 5100s at 0.85 should level you out.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #11
Streaking10 Taco is on a distinguished road

Navy:
Streaking10 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cool thanks
Old 01-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #12
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
I have OME 885s and they give my std cab a full 3" of lift in the front.

My toe-in and camber, the alignment factors that affect tire wear, are perfect, within 0.1 of zero.

That being said, yes, I have an imperfect alignment: my caster is at zero when factory calls for roughly 2.7 degrees IIRC. This makes the truck a little more "twitchy" (more eager to turn, less eager to go straight) than it otherwise would be. I may yet get around to doing UCAs to correct this. Or, I may not.

What some techs will do is try and get everythings "as close as possible to in-spec" - so they'll set camber around 1 (or whatever the max "in spec" value is) so that they can get caster as-close-as-possible to an in-spec range. When they do this, it is an imperfect alignment that WILL affect tire wear.

If you don't have UCAs, you have to tell the tech to deliberately optimize CAMBER, at the expense of caster.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #13
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaking10 Taco View Post
Can I install the Billstein 5100's front and rear with the OME 886 front coils and the Ome Leaf springs in back and will it be level?
Don't put on 886s unless you already have a heavy bumper and winch installed. 886s without that extra 200lbs up front will jar your fillings out.
Old 01-07-2011, 03:51 PM   #14
AzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedAzogSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Govenor's Twenty, Mobilization Trainer, Squad Designated Marksman, Flight Operations
Name: Andy
AzogSS's Tacoma Gallery
I called wheelers offroad and got 885's, shocks front and back (everything OME), an AAL, and Light racing Upper control arms for right at $1,000.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:58 PM   #15
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
I have OME 885s and they give my std cab a full 3" of lift in the front.

My toe-in and camber, the alignment factors that affect tire wear, are perfect, within 0.1 of zero.

That being said, yes, I have an imperfect alignment: my caster is at zero when factory calls for roughly 2.7 degrees IIRC. This makes the truck a little more "twitchy" (more eager to turn, less eager to go straight) than it otherwise would be. I may yet get around to doing UCAs to correct this. Or, I may not.

What some techs will do is try and get everythings "as close as possible to in-spec" - so they'll set camber around 1 (or whatever the max "in spec" value is) so that they can get caster as-close-as-possible to an in-spec range. When they do this, it is an imperfect alignment that WILL affect tire wear.

If you don't have UCAs, you have to tell the tech to deliberately optimize CAMBER, at the expense of caster.

Hope this helps.
it helped me anyways.. i've literally had my finger on the submit button for buying my lift twice now, but cant afford UCA's yet, guess i'm waiting.. thanks for the info
Old 05-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #16
Questions... Morphology? Longevity? Incept dates?
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaking10 Taco View Post
Question for the masses.... I just moved out of a Chevy 2500 crew-cab Diesel into a 2010 DC-SB Pre-Runner Off Road, so heres my question:

886 coils are not supposed to be paired with the billies , they are recommended for use only with OME shocks
Old 05-13-2011, 08:17 PM   #17
No matter where you go there you are.
taco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shedtaco084gb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Galen
taco084gb's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Full OME lift 886 coils and the DAKAR leaf pack with all leafs in it. But I also have the ARB bumper,warn8000 winch,lights and heavy tow hooks. And for the back I have a tool box with about 300lbs of tools and things I carry on a regular basis. Ive had this setup up for almost 3 yrs now and have NOT needed the UCA's. Alignment is within specs and can verify when I get home to get paperwork. I dont have any abnormal wear on tires as my first set of rugged trails I got 52,500 miles out of them. I mainly drive Hwy with an occasional offroad trip. I now have 74,000 miles on the truck as we speak. So I guess it depends on the truck and what you have on it.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:35 PM   #18
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
i have the ome 886s and ome shocks with light racing UCA's without any extra front weight and the ride is unreal, no broken teeth. my truck drove like shit and the alignment was way out before i got the UCA's, dont really know how it could be fine on a different truck, the stock UCA's will be at disgusting angles and your suspension will bind when your off roading.