Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

Help with choosing a Toytech lift

Old 10-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
Nick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Nick Sells's Tacoma Gallery
Help with choosing a Toytech lift

I want to do a 3 inch lift on my new 2010 trd offroad double cab I just don't know that much about lifts or what i need to buy and I see the prices vary what would be A decent/fair priced lift to get.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:37 PM   #2
Kram925 is on a distinguished road
Kram925's Tacoma Gallery
I am interested as well I just got the same truck 2010 double cab ... love it!!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:41 PM   #3
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Depends on how much you guys want to spend and how much off-roading will be done or even at all?
Old 10-11-2010, 12:42 PM   #4
coveny91 is on a distinguished road
coveny91's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 2005 double cab TRD offroad and i also want to do the same thing. hope there are some good suggestions!!
Old 10-11-2010, 12:44 PM   #5
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
dont get spacer lifts.
the bilstien 5100's are the cheapest (0.85", 1.75", and 2.5" lift)
the OME lift is next in cost (replaces the stock coils and shocks - 2.5" lift).
the toytec coils are probably next in cost (1-3" lift).

you will need a lift option for the rear. typical solution is the add a leafs with the 5100's.

at 3" you really should get after market upper control arms that add in camber.

the toytec ultimate lift kit inlcudes everything for a 3" lift except the UCA's.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
Nick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shedNick Sells is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Ya that ultimate lift is pricey but I plan on keeping my truck till the wheels fall off and then replacing them I was hoping there was a moderatly priced kit that was pretty good seeing as how I do want to get into some off roading adventures thanks for the tips hopefully there are more to come
Attached Thumbnails
Help with choosing a Toytech lift-dsc00265.jpg  
Old 10-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #7
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NetMonkey View Post
dont get spacer lifts.
the bilstien 5100's are the cheapest (0.85", 1.75", and 2.5" lift)
the OME lift is next in cost (replaces the stock coils and shocks - 2.5" lift).
the toytec coils are probably next in cost (1-3" lift).

you will need a lift option for the rear. typical solution is the add a leafs with the 5100's.

at 3" you really should get after market upper control arms that add in camber.

the toytec ultimate lift kit inlcudes everything for a 3" lift except the UCA's.
I would go with the ultimate lift kit. Then buy some Camburg or Total chaos Upper control arms if you want to do some fairly good off road or wheeling...

If you just want a lift and want to stay on the street more than the dirt you can get the light racing Upper control arms... I just personally dont think the Light UCA are as off road capable as the Camburg or Total chaos
Old 10-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Sells View Post
Ya that ultimate lift is pricey but I plan on keeping my truck till the wheels fall off and then replacing them I was hoping there was a moderatly priced kit that was pretty good seeing as how I do want to get into some off roading adventures thanks for the tips hopefully there are more to come
Nice looking rig!! Yeah either way you go with a suspension lift, its going to get pricey and theres no way around that. But like you said, you plan on keeping that truck for a long time so you might as well do it right the first time.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #9
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WW_FIREFIGHTER View Post
you plan on keeping that truck for a long time so you might as well do it right the first time.
thats exactly why i got the toytec ULK and total chaos UCA's. i just wanted to do it right from the beginning and enjoy the truck
Old 10-11-2010, 01:13 PM   #10

Navy:
Here is a question does a lift void a warranty
Attached Thumbnails
Help with choosing a Toytech lift-dsc00267.jpg  
Old 10-11-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
thats exactly why i got the toytec ULK and total chaos UCA's. i just wanted to do it right from the beginning and enjoy the truck
Exactly, I heard thats a great kit!! I went with the OME 885's w/top plate spacer, 2" rear AAL's, 5100's all around, diff drop kit and TC UCA's. I do some moderate off-roading and I love my setup!!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #12
Lieutenant Dan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Sells View Post
Here is a question does a lift void a warranty
No it does not unless they can prove that whatever you broke or damaged was due to the lift itself. Theres some right we have but I forgot what the name of it was.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:28 PM   #14

Navy:
NICE!!!
OLD AND NEW
Attached Thumbnails
Help with choosing a Toytech lift-imgp0933.jpg   Help with choosing a Toytech lift-dsc00265.jpg  
Old 10-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #15
She's got the jimmy legs
Toyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotacrawler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Toyotacrawler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats exactly what is on my wish list!