Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

Before I buy the OME lift.

Old 02-07-2011, 08:21 AM   #1
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: JT
Toyota Truck's Tacoma Gallery
Before I buy the OME lift.

I wanted to know If I needed to buy the longer U-bolts for the TSB AAL for the 05-11 toyota tacoma or does it come with the lift kit. Also do I need extended brake lines? I was told by a member on this forum that I didn't. Is there any way you can guarntee I won't have any driveline vibes?

I plan on buying this. Do I need anything else?
1. OME lift kit (885 coils) w/TSB AAL
2. Light Raceing UCAs
Old 02-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
IIRC I used my stock U bolts but double checck, you dont need extended brake lines, theres no way to guarentee no vibes besides keeping it stock.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
IIRC I used my stock U bolts but double checck, you dont need extended brake lines, theres no way to guarentee no vibes besides keeping it stock.
This ^^^ And your gonna need new shocks with those coils.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
Toyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyota Truck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
Even with a driveline bearing drop kit from wheelers?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
This ^^^ And your gonna need new shocks with those coils.
The kit comes with OME 90000 sport struts and N182 shocks.

Did any of you have driveline vibes with your lifts?...BTW thanks for the quick replies.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #5
MontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to beholdMontanaTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Colter
MontanaTaco's Tacoma Gallery
And keep in mind it rides alot stiffer after the install. I have a OME setup and it rides like a one ton but of course alot more agile.
And I don't notice any driveline vibes.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Only vibes I ever had were from un ballanced tires.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaTaco View Post
And keep in mind it rides alot stiffer after the install. I have a OME setup and it rides like a one ton but of course alot more agile.
And I don't notice any driveline vibes.
Yeah, I expect that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Only vibes I ever had were from un ballanced tires.
Cool, thanks.