Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

OME lift kit question

Old 02-15-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
SuperWhiteTaco is on a distinguished road

Name: Kevin
SuperWhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift kit question

Hey i ordered the OME lift kit with the top plate spacer for my 2011 dclb and i was wonderin will it sit level?will i have a higher front? or a higher rear? thanks to anyone that can help
Old 02-15-2011, 11:56 PM   #3
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWhiteTaco View Post
Hey i ordered the OME lift kit with the top plate spacer for my 2011 dclb and i was wonderin will it sit level?will i have a higher front? or a higher rear? thanks to anyone that can help

Did you get the rear leaf pack as well ?
Old 02-16-2011, 12:32 AM   #4

i got the AAL that the kit comes with
Old 02-16-2011, 12:35 AM   #5
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i got the AAL that the kit comes with
TSB AAL or Non TSB AAL ?

The kit is also available with a full leaf pack replacement , the OME Dakars
Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 AM   #7

its the non tsb aal and no didnt have the money for the dakars
Old 02-16-2011, 12:41 AM   #8

yea thats the kit with the 885 coils and top plate spacer
Old 02-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #9

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You will get about 3" up front and the standard AAL is 2" so you may still have a slight rake .
Old 02-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by especk View Post
it should be about level. Mayble slightly higher up front. I got the dakar leafs with mine so it will sit a little higher in back (gettin it back from the shop tomorrow and then we'll find out!)
You think he will be nose high ?
Old 02-16-2011, 12:46 AM   #12

ok cool cuz i like the front rake to level look i personally didnt want the higher rear. thats cool man post some pics of the install i wana see
Old 02-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #13
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You think he will be nose high ?
maybe a tad. These OME coils give quite a bit of lift.

Quote:
ok cool cuz i like the front rake to level look i personally didnt want the higher rear. thats cool man post some pics of the install i wana see
He said you may have higher rear, I said you may have higher front

I'll definitely be postin pics.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:53 AM   #14

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
maybe a tad. These OME coils give quite a bit of lift.
He's got a DC and you have an Reg Cab , 885's with a spacer will get a DC 3 inches up front and his AAL is 2" so his rake should theoretically be 1" less than stock .

One way to find out LOL

FWIW , I got the 885's and the Dakars for my truck sitting in my shop waiting to go on , next to my Relentless Fab aluminum front bumper .
Old 02-16-2011, 12:54 AM   #15

haha ok well thanks for the help guys ill get my lift wheels n tires on asap just payin for alot rite now so im a couple months off
Old 02-16-2011, 12:55 AM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
haha ok well thanks for the help guys ill get my lift wheels n tires on asap just payin for alot rite now so im a couple months off
I hear that
Old 02-16-2011, 12:57 AM   #17
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
He's got a DC and you have an Reg Cab , 885's with a spacer will get a DC 3 inches up front and his AAL is 2" so his rake should theoretically be 1" less than stock .

One way to find out LOL

FWIW , I got the 885's and the Dakars for my truck sitting in my shop waiting to go on , next to my Relentless Fab aluminum front bumper .
HAHA my relentless fab front and rear is gonna be here tomorrow Decided to go ahead and do the lift first. I'll have the bumpers on this weekend and then pics galore! The OME setup is a great way to go IMO. I also got the top plate spacers with trim packer on drivers side. And TC UCAs too. Im totally stoked!

One reason I think he'll sit higher up front is cuz ive never seen those AAL really give as much lift as they say.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:58 AM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
HAHA my relentless fab front and rear is gonna be here tomorrow Decided to go ahead and do the lift first. I'll have the bumpers on this weekend and then pics galore! The OME setup is a great way to go IMO. I also got the top plate spacers with trim packer on drivers side. And TC UCAs too. Im totally stoked!

One reason I think he'll sit higher up front is cuz ive never seen those AAL really give as much lift as they say.
Awesome I went with LR UCA's .

Waiting on pics
Old 03-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #19
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Blang
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
if i were to purchase this for my 09 regular cab with the 855 coils and the AAL standard would it be suggested that i get new UCAs? i would have the stock wheels and i have Toyo open country tires. also what does that top plate spacer really be necessary?

Thanks,
Brian

p.s. sorry OP i dont meat to highjack your thread
Old 03-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #20
Nothin' Special

especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
if i were to purchase this for my 09 regular cab with the 855 coils and the AAL standard would it be suggested that i get new UCAs? i would have the stock wheels and i have Toyo open country tires. also what does that top plate spacer really be necessary?

Thanks,
Brian

p.s. sorry OP i dont meat to highjack your thread

The 885s will give you 3". The top plate spacer will give you closer to 4". The top spacer is unnecesary. I do recommend new UCAs for sure.

Check out my build thread. I had 885s with the top spacer and a bumper and winch and it gave me too much lift up front - my CVs were lookin bad and my UCAs were maxed out (no down travel). I took the top spacer off and I'm much happier now.