Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

Question regarding lift.

Old 08-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #1
10PreRunner will become famous soon enough10PreRunner will become famous soon enough
Name: Kevin
10PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Question regarding lift.

I am wanting to lift my 2010 double cab, I'm only wanting 2.5 in. of lift. Would 5100s get me there for the front and the back? I have the TSB springs installed. Also, would i need UCAs to correct my alignment?
Old 08-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #2
Space For Rent
Bloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shedBloodhound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: EN3 (SW/AW) 94-98
Name: Greg
Bloodhound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10PreRunner View Post
I am wanting to lift my 2010 double cab, I'm only wanting 2.5 in. of lift. Would 5100s get me there for the front and the back? I have the TSB springs installed. Also, would i need UCAs to correct my alignment?
From everything I have read, 5100's would get you there and you shouldn't need UCA's until going 3" and above...that being said, some have posted "wandering" at highway speeds when lifting Tacoma's without UCA's. I think it's kind of dependent on how you drive, what type of driving you do and even then I think results vary.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:09 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
The above response is partially correct...

Front Bilstein 5100's will lift you to 2.5". At 2.5" you're 50/50 on needing UCA's. Above 2.5" you should plan on needing new UCA's. The wander described above is caused by lifting and not being able to get your caster back within spec. Caster does not affect tire wear but can cause that wander feeling at speed. You'd need new UCA's to get your alignment back within spec.

Rear 5100's do not provide any lift. With just the tsb pack, you'll be slightly nose high at 2.5" up front.
Old 08-01-2011, 05:41 PM   #4
10PreRunner will become famous soon enough10PreRunner will become famous soon enough
Ok cool. Thanks for the help. I noticed toytec lists an aal as an option when you buy the 5100s. How would it sit then?
Old 08-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10PreRunner View Post
Ok cool. Thanks for the help. I noticed toytec lists an aal as an option when you buy the 5100s. How would it sit then?
From other's testimonials, the truck sits level when at 1.75 up front and the TSB rear. So if you're at 2.5 up front, a 1.5" aal in the rear would give you a slight rake. Again, that's just from reading other's results, I went a different route with my truck.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #6
What setup do you have Pugga?