Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

Newb questions about the lifts

Old 10-04-2011, 12:47 AM   #1
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Newb questions about the lifts

I am looking between the Ultimate Lift kit, and the 3" with 5100's that you have. They is a $300 difference. Can you explain what the difference is. I can see that they come with different front springs/coilovers. Are the 5100's in the cheaper kit as adjustable as the Ultimate Kit ones?

In the end I'd like to get 2.5" up front (so I don't have to get UCA's right now) and about 1.5 to 2" out back.

Thanks,

Hopefully we will be doing business soon
Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
I am looking between the Ultimate Lift kit, and the 3" with 5100's that you have. They is a $300 difference. Can you explain what the difference is. I can see that they come with different front springs/coilovers. Are the 5100's in the cheaper kit as adjustable as the Ultimate Kit ones?

In the end I'd like to get 2.5" up front (so I don't have to get UCA's right now) and about 1.5 to 2" out back.

Thanks,

Hopefully we will be doing business soon
The Ultimate Lift Kit is adjustable with a spanner wrench, the 3" lift kit with 5100's for $300 less is not adjustable. If you only want 2.5" max then I'd rule out the 3" with 5100's. Look at buying 5100's and Eibach coils separately. If you put the 5100's at .85 with Eibachs you'll get right at 2.5" of lift. (Look at the 5100 lift kit for $630 on Toytec's site). They're still not adjustable with a spanner wrench like the ULK is, you'd have to disassemble the front assembly to change the setting on the 5100's and you can only choose between the 0 and .85 setting.

The 3" kit you were looking at is the same setup with a custom top plate to get you to 3" of lift.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:09 AM   #3
Somebody call for a Wambulance?
Mitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shedMitch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Paramedic
Name: Mitch
Mitch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The Ultimate Lift Kit is adjustable with a spanner wrench, the 3" lift kit with 5100's for $300 less is not adjustable. If you only want 2.5" max then I'd rule out the 3" with 5100's. Look at buying 5100's and Eibach coils separately. If you put the 5100's at .85 with Eibachs you'll get right at 2.5" of lift. (Look at the 5100 lift kit for $630 on Toytec's site). They're still not adjustable with a spanner wrench like the ULK is, you'd have to disassemble the front assembly to change the setting on the 5100's and you can only choose between the 0 and .85 setting.

The 3" kit you were looking at is the same setup with a custom top plate to get you to 3" of lift.

Thank you for that explanation.