Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

OME lift- Top plate spacers question

Old 02-25-2012, 05:55 PM   #1
Designated Hitter is on a distinguished road
Name: Daniel
Designated Hitter's Tacoma Gallery
OME lift- Top plate spacers question

I'm about to order the OME lift kit. I want to do the top plate spacers with it. My questions are:
  • What size spacers are these?
  • Will these account for the taco lean or do I need to get the trim packer in addition to the spacers?
  • With the 2" aal will I be level or close to nose high?
I prefer level to a bit nose high rather than tail-end high. Will this get it done?

2011 trd sport double cab short bed 4x4.

Thank you for any input
Old 02-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
Old & Forgetful
Janster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shedJanster is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jandy
Janster's Tacoma Gallery
You need to tell us what OME coils you are referring to.....
There are many different types.

Generally, it's NOT a good idea to run lift coils & spacers together.

Get the proper amount of lift that you need in the coils - and you won't need spacers.
Old 02-26-2012, 03:21 AM   #3
welcome to the incredibuild
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
Twistedfreedom's Tacoma Gallery
Skip the top plates but do get the 5mm Taco lean shim
Old 02-26-2012, 10:48 AM   #4
885 coils, sorry
Old 02-26-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
Twistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwistedfreedom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I'm on 885x just get the 5m taco lean shim and you'll be fine unless you plan on adding a plate bumper then get the 886x and if you want the Bro lean get the 1.5" AAL instead of the 2"
Old 02-26-2012, 11:06 AM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
The 5mm trim packer for taco lean only works if you are getting OME shocks too .
Old 02-26-2012, 11:08 AM   #7

I'm about to order the OME lift kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
The 5mm trim packer for taco lean only works if you are getting OME shocks too .
There ya go
Old 02-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
I'm about to order the OME lift kit

There ya go
Some people people get the OME coils and 5100's and say they have an " OME lift "

Just clarifying
Old 02-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twistedfreedom View Post
I'm on 885x just get the 5m taco lean shim and you'll be fine unless you plan on adding a plate bumper then get the 886x and if you want the Bro lean get the 1.5" AAL instead of the 2"
Can I get the 1.5" aal w/out having the rear tsb?
Old 02-27-2012, 09:21 PM   #10

you can get them no problem the back of your truck will be about level with the front.