Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

Question on OME lift

Old 03-04-2012, 02:39 PM   #1
TacoFace is on a distinguished road
TacoFace's Tacoma Gallery
Question on OME lift

I just got my OME kit from Toytec, i was under the impression that the trim spacer went in between one of the springs and the top plate, if so how do i know which one has it in there (i had them assemble the shocks/springs) nothing is marked drivers vs passengers.

Thanks for your help.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of shocks do you have ? OME or Bilsteins ?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
OME, I Got the kit from toytec, I asked them on the phone if the trim spacer would be included they said yes, i just cant tell which one has it.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:46 PM   #4
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoFace View Post
OME, I Got the kit from toytec, I asked them on the phone if the trim spacer would be included they said yes, i just cant tell which one has it.

Just noticed you are 1st gen , but I think they are the same set up as the second gen shocks .

The OME trim packer is a small brass coloured ring that goes on the shock underneath the coil seat .

The one with that is the driver's side
Old 03-04-2012, 02:47 PM   #6

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Look between the cup that holds the bottom of the spring and the welded ring on the shock....It'll be a bright shiny looking ring without paint and there will be one shock that has it and one that does not.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunes View Post
Look between the cup that holds the bottom of the spring and the welded ring on the shock....It'll be a bright shiny looking ring without paint and there will be one shock that has it and one that does not.
You are my new best friend, i was looking at the top, found it.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 03-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You are my new best friend, i was looking at the top, found it.

Thanks for the help everyone!
Hey WTF ?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #9
I didnt see yours until that went on.

Will you be my second best friend?
Old 03-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I didnt see yours until that went on.

Will you be my second best friend?
Lol

No
Old 03-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
must be a location issue