Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

New U Bolt flip kit!

Old 12-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #22
Desert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedDesert Drifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
Desert Drifter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RDtres View Post
Hey guys, I just wanted to pimp Toytec Lifts for their stellar customer service. I ran into a snag with this product and they not only stood behind their product and redevelop but they also went above and beyond to square up my situation. I'm VERY pleased with Toytec Customer Service and will certainly recommend them to everyone. Thanks Toytec
Good to know and you know they love these posts as well! I am thinking of a U-bolt flip for my 2nd gen...
Old 12-23-2012, 07:44 AM   #23
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: john
johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
So what do you recommend doing for new bump stops once you install these?
I ended up taking the cheap and easy way . I just welded the stock bump to the new plate . I haven't had any issues yet . But I'm sure toytec can give you better advise .
Old 12-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #24
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post
I ended up taking the cheap and easy way . I just welded the stock bump to the new plate . I haven't had any issues yet . But I'm sure toytec can give you better advise .
If I had easy access to a welder and knew how to weld that might be an option...

Anyone using something that just bolts in, or wondering if you could drill a hole in the frame side and mount the bump stop that way.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:46 AM   #25
💥💥💥💥💥💥
johnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shedjohnnym is one of the sharper tools in the shed

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure you could just drill a few hole in the bump plate and in the frame and invert them .
XXXX. Did in this thread but he welded to the frame . Same idea just bolt on .
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...bumpstops.html
Old 12-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #26
7.62x63mm
goufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shedgoufcustom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: NAVAIR
Name: Michael
goufcustom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnym View Post
I'm sure you could just drill a few hole in the bump plate and in the frame and invert them .
XXXX. Did in this thread but he welded to the frame . Same idea just bolt on .
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...bumpstops.html
Thanks, looks like you could just take the front Superbumps from Wheelers, invert them, drill a hole in the metal bump stop and mount them there. Might need to add a spacer to lower the bump stop, but shouldn't need much.

EDIT:
A set of 4.5" Energy Suspension Bump Stops might work will too.

Only concern would be bottoming out the shocks. I would need to measure before I do anything.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:31 AM   #27
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Has anyone found that this kit works with OME Dakars?

And what is it about the bump stops that everyone keeps asking about? Do you have to take the stock ones off to put this kit on?

Matt
Old 04-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #28
💥💥💥💥💥💥

johnnym's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMTacoFF View Post
Has anyone found that this kit works with OME Dakars?

And what is it about the bump stops that everyone keeps asking about? Do you have to take the stock ones off to put this kit on?

Matt
I have this kit with dakars . I welded the stock bump to the new flip plate . No issues for me .
Old 11-30-2013, 11:55 PM   #29
S4RSSS is on a distinguished road
S4RSSS's Tacoma Gallery
OME pack + AAL + Toytec 3* shim... the Toytec ubolts here are too short for the setup. I tried installing today =(
Old 12-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #30
soonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
soonenough's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4RSSS View Post
OME pack + AAL + Toytec 3* shim... the Toytec ubolts here are too short for the setup. I tried installing today =(
Thanks for posting that, I have OME w/ AAL and 3º shim, and I almost ordered ordered the ToyTec kit today. I guess I'll have to go with the All Pro kit
Old 12-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #32
soonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shedsoonenough is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
soonenough's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonenough View Post
Thanks for posting that, I have OME w/ AAL and 3º shim, and I almost ordered ordered the ToyTec kit today. I guess I'll have to go with the All Pro kit
I contacted ToyTec directly and they told me this setup would work, so I ended up ordering it for my truck. I installed it, and like S4RSSS said, the u-bolts are too short. It can be assembled, but the u-bolts will only pass ~2/3 of the way through the nuts, so definitely not ideal. I will need to order some 8" u-bolts (instead of the 7-3/4" u-bolts that come with the ToyTec kit) in order for this setup to work properly.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:03 PM   #33
S4RSSS is on a distinguished road
S4RSSS's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by soonenough View Post
I contacted ToyTec directly and they told me this setup would work, so I ended up ordering it for my truck. I installed it, and like S4RSSS said, the u-bolts are too short. It can be assembled, but the u-bolts will only pass ~2/3 of the way through the nuts, so definitely not ideal. I will need to order some 8" u-bolts (instead of the 7-3/4" u-bolts that come with the ToyTec kit) in order for this setup to work properly.
yup, about 2/3 of the nut is right.... sorry you had to find out the hard way, man.