Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Notices

Bad experience?? not sure..

Old 05-12-2012, 04:34 PM   #1
Noob-ish
LT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
Bad experience?? not sure..

So on May 5, I ordered a couple things from Toytec.. to be exact, here's the breakdown:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT1 View Post
Toytec:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quantity: 1

Item: OME Suspension lift kit
Front coil options: Med_885_coils
Top plate spacers: Add top plate spacers (+ $59.00)
Rear Options: ToyTec_add-a-leafs_for_TSB_
springsFront Diff drop kit: 4X4
Assemble front shocks/coils with new bushings: Yes (+
$100.00)

Unit price: $893.99
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quantity: 1

Item:
Driveshaft Carrier Bearing Drop Kit (05 & UP Tacoma)

Unit price: $11.99
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subtotal: $905.98
TW discount: -$45.30
S & H: $68.57
Tax: $0.00
Total: $929.25

I think it was an awesome price and all was good. I then enlisted the help of TW'ers Hiatt1991, manwithoutaplan, toy4x4, nubbs, and Jerez to install everything. It worked out awesome with few exceptions (see backwards add-a-leaf). Anyway, so after all was said and done, I looked around for the 4x4 front differential drop that was supposed to be in the box. I couldn't find it, nor could anyone else. I check back inside the truck, back at my pad, and still nothing.

I then decided to call Toytec. I informed them of the predicament I was in and figured they'd do something to take care of it. I can't remember who I spoke to, but he was polite. He then supposedly went to the back and weighed the materials that should have been packed with my order and weighed the package. Apparently the package that was sent to me weighed the same as the package he had weighed on the scale over there. So there was no way they could have made a mistake and not packaged it.. there was even a nifty signature at the bottom of the receipt that said it was checked by... scribble initials...

So what now? I'm damned sure I don't have it (the package went straight from the delivery truck to the bed of my truck to Manwithoutaplan's garage), and I don't doubt that the package weighed the same as what was sent to me... but why do I have to lose out on this no win situation?

The guy at Toytec was very professional, the evidence was clear, but the bottom line is I still don't have a front differential drop.. what do you guys think? am I asking too much or should I just shut up and go buy another front differential drop, maybe from somewhere else?

Overall I don't consider it a completely terrible experience, I mean the customer service did all it could, and they weren't assholes about it. They can't just send out more crap because someone "swears" they didn't receive it, but I don't think it happens all that often that they can't go "above and beyond" to really help a customer out for $29.99 plus shipping.

Anyway, thanks for the lift? It was a great price.. and the truck does look better than ever..

Sorry about the chicks below.. had to do it to generate traffic..
Old 05-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #2
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
The question to ask is does your truck actually need it after the lift was installed?

It seems if you think it does then spacing the carrier bearing yourself using washers, etc. would be a fairly simple task.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterdog View Post
The question to ask is does your truck actually need it after the lift was installed?

It seems if you think it does then spacing the carrier bearing yourself using washers, etc. would be a fairly simple task.
Diff drop , CB drop are two different things
Old 05-12-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
Ditch Doctor
medic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmedic2230 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS:
Name: Murph
medic2230's Tacoma Gallery
My diff drop is still in the box. Haven't seen a need for it yet. That sucks that it wasn't in there. They did tell me to check the packages as soon as they arrived to ensure everything was there because if I waited then they wouldn't do anything about it.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
Noob-ish
LT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedLT1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LT1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post

Thanks OZ!!! you're right!! we did install the CB drop successfully, but no Diff drop.. I'm a little concerned about the CV angles.. but who knows, maybe I'll just buy it another time, or make something up on my own.. maybe manwithoutaplan has a plan to help me out... <---- did u guys see what I did there.. hehe.. sorry..
Old 05-12-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Polymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shedPolymerhead is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Polymerhead's Tacoma Gallery
A $30 diff drop kit that costs them $20 should be sent to you immediately, no questions asked when you have purchased a $900 lift kit. Hell, they probably paid the shop guy $10 in an hourly wage to mock up the order again and measure out the weight. It's not like it's a single part that you could have misplaced. They're basically calling you a liar.

Unacceptable in my book, and that's coming from someone with aa decent amount of retail experience who knows when to draw the line on a BS Customer. You don't seem to fall into that category. I know they're a vendor here but that's pretty ridiculous if you're recalling the situation accurately.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #8
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW , the diff drops don't do shit on the second gens
Old 05-12-2012, 05:19 PM   #9
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
I wouldn't worry about it man. Diff drops don't do anything on our trucks. Literally no benefits what so ever. It sucks you payed for it but its only worth its weight in metal to us 2nd gens.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #10
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My reading comprehension has always been suspect. The CB drop was in bold so I jumped ahead. Yes, I do know there is a difference between a differential drop and a driveshaft carrier bearing drop.